𝙾𝙽𝙴

Kaitlynn Emmerson was a new kid in the town of Derry Maine. She had moved at the beginning of the school year and kept to herself. Everyone noticed her but no one made the effort to talk to her.

So there she was, on the final day of school, sitting in her chair reading a book. Her teacher had let the students do whatever they pleased since it was the last day of school. So she decided to read.

Kaitlynn never had trouble with anyone at that school. But she couldn't help but overhear some of the conversations her classmates had about Henry Bowers and Greta Bowie. She had been lucky enough to not have an encounter with the school bullies.

The bell finally rang and Kaitlynn got out of her seat and made her way through the crowded halls. She always found herself behind or in front of a group of 4 boys. She only knew the name of 2 of them since she had class with them. She only knew the names of Bill and Stanley. The friendship that the group had was a friendship that Kaitlynn could only dream about. Back in Texas she didn't have many friends either, so Derry wasn't much of a change. Her mother had always tried to make her play with the neighborhood kids when she was younger but she always ended up scaring them away.

She grabbed her belongings from her locker and left the school without anyone noticing her. She slung her backpack over her shoulder and hopped onto her bike and road down the streets of Derry. Over the last year she had been there, she had a favorite place. She loved an old trail in the woods. Everyday after school, she would venture down the trail on her bike and watch the sunset and as the sun would set, she would go home. She loved nature and always had.

This time felt different though. She felt as if someone had followed her. It worried her because she was so far away from anything that someone could easily swipe her up but she continued. She stopped at a rock and watched the sun go down. It was peaceful until she heard a rustling sound in the bushes behind her. Her head snapped behind her and there she saw a tall boy with a blonde mullet and piercing blue eyes.

"I've never seen you around." He said. "Have you heard of me?"

3 more boys came from behind him and Kaitlynn stood up from the rock.

"Henry?" She asked with her thick southern accent. "Ain't your name Henry?"

"Yep." Henry said. "And you're Kaitlynn? Kaitlynn Emmerson was it?"

"I thought you ain't ever seen me around?" Kaitlynn asked. "How do you know my name if you hadn't seen me around?"

"Word gets by quickly." Henry responded.

"Oh?" Kaitlynn said. "Well I was just watchin' the sunset I'll be on my way now."

"Where you goin?" Henry asked.

"Home." Kaitlynn said. She gathered her things and as soon as she started down the path, she ran for her bike. As she boarded it, she saw Henry and his gang run at her. She barely escaped as she rode down the thin path. She didn't see them after she rode a little ways. She finally made it to the main road and rode home without any other complications.

"It's a bit late, Katie Ann, where've you been?" Kaitlynns mother, Barbra asked.

"Sorry mama, a bunch of boys chased me." Kaitlynn said.

"Maybe you shouldn't go off on your own out in them woods no more." Barbra said.

"I'll be fine mama." Kaitlynn said. "Besides, they looked like a bunch of pansy's."

"Katie Ann." Barbra said in a warning tone.

"Sorry mama." Kaitlynn said and headed to her room. She lied down on her bed and thought about something.

Maybe she shouldn't go in the woods alone no more?