Chapter 1

Me and my friends are crackheads. There are four of us, and together we are fucking crazy ass people. Erika, she is a weirdo. Bruna, the one that everyone wants to kill, especially me. Mia is the kind one, but if she needs to say something rude she will. And there's me. Diana, the one that is fucking crazy and wants to kill everyone if they annoy me. During the summer all of us went "camping" and let me tell you I'm never doing it ever again.

Erika got out our favourite cocaine and we started doing drugs. Bruna gets really happy when she's high so she started singing Don't Worry, Be Happy for the millionth time. "Don't worry, be happy!!!" she sang, like she never sang that song before.

"Shut up!" Erika snapped, "You're giving me a headache."

"If you don't stop singing that song, I will rip your hair out, one by one," Mia threatened. She heard that song so many times that she wanted to kill anyone who even mentioned the words. We all did.

"Stop singing that fucking, annoying ass song," I yelled at her. I was on my last straw and was about to lunge at Bruna before Erika held me back. Bruna and I were always getting into fights. She was just so annoying. I couldn't deal with her.

We were high pretty much all the time. We had just finished snorting our last bit of crack for the day. It would've kept us going until the next day by the latest. We were putting everything away for the day and Erika started freaking out. I stared at her.

"What happened?" I asked. I didn't really care but it seemed pretty bad by the expression of horror on her face.

"I accidently gave you the wrong cocaine. That one was from last week." Erika explained that the cocaine she accidentally gave us was supposed to last a whole week. The amount that we snorted supposedly gave us major hallucinations. I looked around and I saw the shadows of creatures coming at us. Erika must have seen them too because Erika screamed, "WALKERS!" Everywhere we turned, we were surrounded by zombies. I got up and so did my friends, all at once. I wasn't scared but I didn't want to die. I found an area unguarded by them and ran towards it, my friends following. We went out on the street. I looked both ways. The street was almost empty. "Follow me," said Erika, "I have supplies at my house. I've waited my whole life for this day." We ran from their alleyway all the way to Erika's house. Erika fumbled with the keys and finally unlocked the door. "Hurry up!" I yelled at her.

"I'm trying!" She was clearly nervous. Then I heard the lock turn. The door swung open with a lot of force. "Ok, everyone in. Quickly!" We'd lost the zombies but we still hurried us inside. Erika went down to her basement and emerged with four guns and loaded with ammo. She tossed one to me and then Mia and Bruna. She also handed each of us a flashlight and a knife from her kitchen drawer. She looked at each and every one of us and said slowly and carefully, "Do NOT lose your gun or knife. If you do, any zombie could kill you very quickly. I've watched enough shows to know this. Only use your gun in an extreme emergency. The walkers have very good hearing. Most of the time, use your knife in close combat." Mia and I nodded and then looked over at Bruna who was confused, as always. She kept trying to ask questions but I was fed up. "Bruna shut the fuck up. Erika explained everything loud and clear. If you open your mouth one more time, I will cut your tongue off with my knife." Everyone just stared at me. Mia walked over to me very slowly and took the knife away from me very carefully. Then Erika ran upstairs and got a backpack stuffed with food, water and clothes so we had supplies, just in case we needed to set up a camp somewhere.

Then the herd of walkers finally caught up to us. We ran outside. They clawed at us, walking very slowly and said "Brainssssss!" mindlessly while trying to eat us. Mia and I pulled out their guns to try to shoot them, taking a few of them down, while Erika and Bruna took out their knives and took out any that got close enough to them. We had a few close calls and decided that we were extremely outnumbered. More started flooding in and we couldn't hold them off anymore. "Run!" I yelled. We panicked and ran as fast as they could until we came across, what looked like, an abandoned building. The zombies were close behind, getting faster with every step. I turned and ran backwards, shooting down a few zombies with every step. I ran backwards into the building and spun around. My friends were already inside.