From The Sidelines: Chapter 15

If you're here, you're probably one of the many unfortunate fans of FTS who discovered the angst-rich fake sequel hidden away in the Author's Notes.

And I can hear a rather loud and sad sound in the background... the sound of the collective breaking of everyone's hearts even through the sheer mention of the dreaded chapter.

Today, I don my lab coat, and I'm working hard through sleepless nights, mixing the right amounts of sugar and spice and everything nice to create the perfect medicine.

The medicine to fix that damage, to heal your heart whole.

I am, however, obligated to inform you that I'm much better at angst, but I'll try!

Warning. This Medicine contains allergen/trigger substances, such as:

 Slight mention of mature content

Cheating 

Mention of alcohol

Mention of a cliff

Swear warning

Divorce

A lot of Angst

An ungodly amount of rain

(Quick a/n: For the paragraph describing Katsuki's reaction to what Izuku says [Katsuki's eyes widened... Katsuki's world good], inspiration credit to The Crown, book 5 of the Selection Series by Kiera Cass. I wrote the paragraph myself, but the idea of writing in that style was inspired from the book. Check it out!)

Enjoy!

Six months into the future.

3rd Person POV.

The greenette lay in bed, covers pulled up to his ears, arms crossed behind his head as he glared up at the ceiling like he had a vendetta against it. In reality, though he stared at the plain white cement and the softly humming fan, he wasn't paying attention to them. He was simply lost in thought, and in guilt that built up slowly in his gut. A single ray of moonlight burst through the crack in the curtains and illuminated the dark room, giving it a tranquil feel, but his emotions were anything  but tranquil. It had been half a year since their marriage, him and Jae, and it had gone... exactly how he'd wanted. 

The most scrumptious five-tier cake with mint icing sat atop a table that had its legs sinking into the fine beach sand but was still surprisingly stable, and the couple had joked about the precarious-looking setup. Izuku, however, wasn't looking at the mahogany table as they spoke. He was staring at a small shop in the distance, with a run-down neon sign that spelled out 'Ice Cream'. A few of the letters had blown a fuse over time, and tiny sparks flew from the exposed neon LED lights now and then. His eyes glazed over with nostalgia as he wished that he could break in once more, and find a certain ex-athlete leaning over the counter posing as his impromptu counter attendant, and see that beautiful smirk just one more time. 

They'd cracked jokes and bottles of champagne after the fairytale-like beach wedding was over, and everyone laughed and had a great time. The afterparty was packed with people, close relatives and close friends as well as people who Izuku had never seen before who were somehow - supposedly - related to him. Everyone laughed and reminisced over embarrassing tales of the two grooms, bent on publicly humiliating them. Jae cringed inwardly as he laughed sheepishly at the recounting of his childhood stories. Izuku, however, found himself scanning the crowd, trying to spot a very specific head of spiky blond hair. He didn't.