From The Sidelines - Chapter 15: Version 2

Welcome to this ride: Chapter 15, Version 2. This rollercoaster will have many ups and downs, loop-the-loops and nearly vertical drops - so if you have vertigo, fear of heights or any other similar sickness, please proceed to leave the ride immediately. Thank you.

For those of you who have decided to stay, heed my warning. This is the most unexpected ride in this theme park, so hold on tight. Fasten your seatbelts, keep your hands, legs and head inside the vehicle at all times; and most of all, enjoy the ride...

Announcement: Warning. This ride may contain triggers such as:

Major character death

Minor description of blood and a dead person

Heavy angst

A pretty but game-changing rock

Some more rain

One very sad Jae boi

(A/n: Credits to a Deku's Funeral tiktok made by @sketchyvero for the speech given by Mr. Toshinori during the funeral. I did not use the exact same thing, but it was quite similar.)

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

(Please read part 1 before this part. This chapter resumes from the following paragraph.)

He couldn't see who it was, because blond hair - his boyfriend's blond hair - blocked the face of the latter. He gripped at her waist - he assumed it was a lady, because of the inscrutable person's feminine figure and the way the black club dress she wore hugged her curves - as he kissed her passionately, like he used to kiss him. Izuku felt like he was going to puke. He couldn't think straight, or think at all. He did notice that Katsuki's body swayed madly, and he didn't look the least bit sober, but that didn't change the fact that he was making out with another girl with abandon, and without a trace of remorse. That night - that fateful night - replayed in his head like an unsettling movie on loop, and he couldn't handle it. The major reason he was here in the first place, talking to Katsuki, was really just for closure. Somewhere in him, a small doubting voice spoke up every time he remembered Jae's encouraging words of support. What if he was wrong? What if Katsuki had really moved on? And now, he didn't doubt it anymore. There was no way the Katsuki Bakugo was pining over a small-town, mediocre boy like him after almost a decade. And so, he turned around, having said what he had to, and began to leave, with the only sound filling in the tense silence being the relentless rain. Katsuki hastily stood up, scrambling to his feet. He couldn't lose Izuku again. He lunged for Izuku's hand, reaching out to his long-lost lover. It had been so long - so long - and he couldn't, he just couldn't lose the greenette again. "Izuku, please-"

A single rock sat on the cold, rain-drenched ground. A beautiful piece of translucent, rock crystal quartz, almost radiating an ethereal glow. Whimsical patterns of teal lichen traced themselves across its limpid surface, tracing intricate and stunning details that looked absolutely magical and would make anyone stop and stare. It was a breathtaking piece of exposed ore, the jagged tip of an iceberg of a large deposit that must have lain below the surface. A beautiful but deadly shard placed in the uneven earth, an enthralling danger. A fateful rock that would change everything. Every visitor before would notice this rock, and think about how magical it looked. Katsuki, however, was not paying attention to it, and walked past it - or rather, over it. And tragically, he paid the price, losing his balance as he toppled backwards and began to plummet.

He fell.

He descended lower and lower, nearing his rocky end below, and as he did; his life flashed before his eyes. Every moment he loved and every one he regretted, played in his mind like a movie. If he had to do it all over again, there would definitely be tons of things he would do differently - but he smiles softly and closed his eyes as he accepted his fate, just happy to see his beautiful green-eyed boy and that perfect, heartwarming, glowing smile one last time.