Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Heart Healing

Part 1

The current situation speaks for itself. It is a real mess.

For a couple of days, Mii-chan has started turning less and less talkative.

Alongside her guilt of almost being expelled, her emotional condition was unstable. I believe the reason she failed the test wasn't simply because of heartbreak but her unconscious thoughts of dropping out. It led to her constantly chipping away her mental health.

Since I ordered Kikyou to stay away from Mii-chan after that incident, there were no other concerns except for Mii-chan herself.

Hirata, although, worried about Mii-chan's condition, was busy with his girlfriend. I always notice him looking at Mii-chan whenever he's not talking to someone and he would even invite her to eat. Even Karuizawa persuaded her and let Hirata decide, Mii-chan herself wasn't in a state that she would accept their invitation.

I have also tried many times and mostly she agrees but when it was time to go out, she goes to the rooftop eating alone with a blank face. I also started eating there to check on her and watch her but I didn't dare to go near her because I don't have enough confidence to fix her for the time being.

I'm still new to this friendship thing and I really want to mend her heart and fix their relationship.

Mii-chan did give me her gratitude by giving me a home-cooked lunch once and other than that, she tries to avoid me every time we encounter a place with few people.

However, now I believe that I should do something before she completely crumbles.

I still am not sure if I will succeed but talking to her privately will be the best option. Mii-chan's condition is in a critical state enough to cause demotion of her abilities.

Thus, I concluded that it was time.

"Ayanokouji-kun? Where are you going?" asked Satou.

She's been proactive lately but I don't understand. Also, I have a business to take care of.

Fortunately, before I could open my mouth, Matsushita held her shoulders and said,

"Satou, you don't need to ask." She leaned into her ears and whispered something I couldn't hear.

Satou nodded, perhaps she understood the reason. I took a glance at Matsushita and she smiled while making a V pose with her fingers.

'Thank you, Matsushita. See you two tomorrow."

"Yeah! I understand and see you too, Ayanokouji-kun!"

She's such a lively and cute girl.

"Mm. Take care and see you, Ayanokouji-kun."

And she's such a mature and beautiful girl.

"Yeah." I nodded and walked off from the cafe. The reason I was there was that I was killing time by hanging out with the two, no, three of them.

Karuizawa has just left about a few minutes ago and I plan to catch up to her. Matsushita probably thought that I would talk to Mii-chan because she has told me how worried I look whenever she mentions her but that wasn't the case.

I needed to talk to Karuizawa about something. And it contains deep elements that she has hidden. If I am right, then I have no qualms about using her to fix everything.

Though it won't be fixing it completely, it is enough to prolong the time I need to make Kikyou and Mii-chan trust each other.

That's what I hope so.