Chapter Two: A Confession To You Or To Me?

Chapter Two:
A Confession To You Or To Me?
(Haru x Makoto)

Haru heard a soft jingle of keys, and immediately recognized it as Makoto's key ring. It was currently midnight, and Haru hadn't responded back to all of Makoto's calls and texts.

Makoto slowly turned the key, unlocking his boyfriend's front door, and let himself inside. He wasn't worried about Haru, a simple talk would help him up back onto his feet.

Tiredly, Makoto slipped his shoes off, and hung his jacket by the door. He gently pushed the door shut and headed toward the kitchen. A nice serving of mackerel would do Haru some good.

Haru tossed and turned restlessly in bed. He let frustration, anger, hate, sadness, confusion, love, despair, and emptiness consume his body. No actions or words could fix what had happened between him and Rin.

Makoto slipped on Haru's apron and chuckled at his own silliness as he began to grill some mackerel for Haru. He grabbed a glass and filled it with ice cold water to go along with the mackerel, and waited for the fish to cook.

Haru sniffed the air twice and bolted upright. He knew that smell all too well. Makoto must've been cooking for him.

Haru sighed and lazily stood up before making his way downstairs. The wooden floor was cold against his bare feet, making him want to get some socks, but the smell of his favorite meal cooking swayed his mind into continuing on.

Makoto heard Haru's all to familiar footsteps, and smiled. 'I knew you would come down.' He thought. If there's one thing Haru can't resist besides swimming, it's mackerel.

Haru carefully treaded into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Makoto's waist from behind, and rested his head on Makoto's shoulder.

Makoto chuckled lightly. "Hey there, Haru-kun." He smiled. "Would you like some mackerel?"

Haru gave a small nod, and let go of Makoto to grab a plate. Makoto happily served Haru, and took off his apron before joining Haru at the table.

"Itadakimasu." Haru muttered before digging in.

Makoto smiled and waited for Haru to be done, and when he was, Makoto took Haru's plate to the sink. "Gochisosama." Haru said and washed down his meal with water.

Makoto trailed Haru upstairs, and sat next to him on Haru's bed. "Do you want to talk?" Makoto asked.

Haru wanted to nod, but just the thought of betraying Makoto broke his heart. Instead, Haru tried his best to hold back the oncoming tears that threatened to spill, bit his bottom lip to keep from answering with something stupid, and brought a hand to his face.

"It's okay to cry." Makoto soothed and hugged Haru tightly. "Sometimes it's the best option there is.... Just know that I'm here for you, okay?"

Haru let the tears fall, and returned Makoto's warm embrace. He couldn't understand how Makoto always knew what to say at the right time.

"Makoto-kun...I-I..." Haru's breath hitched, and his stomach churned. 'How could I explain to him without hurting him?' Haru thought.

"I know you're lost Haru-kun, I can see it in your eyes. I can see confusion, and fear, along with pain. I know something rough is going on..." Makoto pulled back and put both hands on Haru's shoulders. "but I'll stay by your side no matter what. Remember that."

"Makoto-kun..." Haru cried. "I...I love you." Haru let tears flow endlessly. Why must everything be so complicated?

"I love you, too, Haru-kun." Makoto muttered before pressing his lips to Haru's. For a moment, just a mere second, Haru's emotions vanished and were replaced with joy. But sadly, it didn't last any longer than that.

Haru pulled away guiltily. "But...but I also love someone else." Haru admitted.

"That's alright." Makoto answered, and Haru stared into his eyes which were filled with love and forgiveness. "As long as you still love me."

Haru shook his head, he would never fully understand how kind Makoto was. It was like a gift from God.

Once more the two boys embraced, and Haru fell asleep wrapped tightly in Makoto's strong arms.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
welp, theres chappy #2 hope you enjoyed, sorry for the shortness, comment which ship you want next!

Here's the list:

•Rin x Haru (check✔️) {tbh 1 of my favs}
•Haru x Makoto (✔️check) {prob on the favs list}
•Haru x Rei {i kinda ship it}
•Haru x Nagisa {meh}
•Haru x Gou/Kou(whichever spelling you want){ehh}
•Makoto x Rin{meh}
•Makoto x Nagisa{maybe}
•Makoto x Rei{ehh}
•Makoto x Gou/Kou{sorta ship it}
•Rin x Nagisa {just a little}
•Rin x Rei {kind}
•Rin x Gou/Kou(yea okay, i know but still) {i. ship. it.}
•Nagisa x Rei {def a fav}
•Nagisa x Gou/Kou {I ship it}
•Rei x Gou/Kou {idk}

don't forget to SLAP DAT VOTE BUTTON!! or KICK it or KISS it. whatever works for you. hell, LICK it if your up to it. lol ok bye

(^ω^)
~Madi☆彡