✎7

I heard the news immediately once I stepped on the school's ground. I heard them whispering your name in a scandalous manner. It almost made me jump in the conversation just to defend you. But if I don't know the context myself, then that would be quite an idiotic decision.

I also heard them whisper the name of your girlfriend. It hurts to write it, but it's better to let myself accept this sooner. It made me curious, so I asked despite feeling awkward and introverted whilst doing so.

They said that you broke up just after 3 weeks. It surprised me more at the fact that I was sad for you and not happy for myself. But I know myself that I'm not the type to take advantage of situations.

I wondered, why did you break up? You looked so happy together it made me felt disgusted and mushy inside, but not in a good way. Was it because you were better off as friends? Maybe you both got into a misunderstanding? I almost thought "did one of them cheat?" But I observed you long enough to know you're not the type to do that.

I then realized, I shouldn't be thinking about your love life for it is none of my business. But I just felt so drawn to the gossip I let it carry me away. For that I say sorry, even though you'll never see the letters I write for you.

I also wonder, when will I stop being a coward?
When will I stop being afraid?

Signed, June 12th