Chapter: 2

Makenna's POV: Three weeks later...

After I dropped Mae off at her place, I got home to find my older brother, Nash, fucking someone upstairs. I ran into the basement where my room was and blasted my music full volume. Even with my music all the way up, I could still hear them moans and grunts from their sexual encounter. I tugged my iPhone out of my pocket and texted Mae, begging her to come back and save me. She messaged me back asking if Nash and Mary were at it again. I replied swiftly, 'well duhhh' She said 'fine, but only for a few minutes.' Well, let's just say those few minutes ended up being her sleeping over at my house. We stayed up playing World Of Warcraft, beating the shit out of the horde. Mae turned my music off and blasted Thunderstruck by ACDC. But sometime in the middle of the night at about 2:30am, someone knocked on my front door. Turns out that Maeve has a "friend" that claims he needs her right now, for something that he can't explain. Next thing you know, Maeve's up the stairs with a terrified look to her. She couldn't stop staring at him, like she'd recognized him, but she seemed frightened by him.

"I honestly don't know who you are, but I suggest you leave Mae alone... I don't take kindly to those who scare my friends." I stated sternly, scowling up at him. Mae's hand was on my shoulder gripping me tight, with her other hand behind her back, bearing one of my dad's throwing knives.