Chapter 2

"I mean seriously. It better not be Apple Bees you are taking us to. I won't cook for a mouth that enjoys that shite."

"What you don't want some...."

"Don't sing the song Eve!" They both snap.

"Okay, jeez, you guys know that it isn't my fault if you listen to that song and can't help yourself but sing it for a week afterward. That means it's a good song."

"Good song—maybe. But that doesn't give you the right to drive us insane for a week by singing it. And this idiot told my brother, and even he couldn't stop singing it for a week, and all he did was read it through text." Alison states.

The BMW pulls into a parking lot right behind the Apple Bees; somehow, Lance had utterly forgotten that the Sushi place shared the same lot space. It was closed during November and December so the owner could go back home to Japan to spend time with family. Sushi was the one thing Lance couldn't make like a 5-Star chef, and Mr. Cho, the owner of the unnamed restaurant, rubbed it in every single time he had the chance. It got to the point where Lance could define whether they got free food or not. After their meal, Mr. Cho would allow Lance to make one or multiple of the rolls they hard for their meal. If it fits Mr. Cho's standard, he would give them a free meal, but if it didn't, he and Lance would argue for ten minutes back and forth. They switched between English and a hard push into their native tongues for major insults, prompting anyone in the restaurant to either get amusement or worry. Though those who got the latter would turn to laughter the moment they saw or heard Eve and Alison nearly dying themselves.

"Why not tell me so I could prepare?" Lance snarls, stretching himself out in his seat.

"Mr. Cho said not to. He said my meal would be free if I did. Sorry Eve, it was a good deal."

"You're fine, Alison, you're fine. I'll get my money's worth before the night is over, I am sure. Hey Lance, remember last time. Not every roll contains raw fish."

"Shut up, Eve—I am going to destroy the bloody bastard's strict taste buds this time. I'll blow him out of the water...."

As Alison cuts the car off, Mr. Cho emerges from the front door; his smug smile and confidently folded arms help his eyes dig into Lance's soul. Shutting him up and almost giving him defeat right then and there. Eve reaches up from the backseat and offers Lance a few taps on the shoulder to excite him.

"You got this—just some fish. You're from an island surrounded by fish! You got this." Eve jibes.

"Ummm, Eve, aren't all islands technically surrounded by fish? Even all continents in that case?" Alison ponders.

They both stop their hyping preparations and look slowly over to her, grilling her for taking this moment to act smarter than was needed. She gives up with raised hands and starts getting out of the car.

"You are lucky you are hot because it has saved you from so many snaps from me." Eve jokes.

Alison gives her a wink as they approach Mr. Cho, causing Eve to suffer a moment of lost focus where she trips coming up the sidewalk.

"Well, if I recall correctly, last semester, and if you are going to go back across the ways over there, you are going back empty-handed, or will you have the recipe to the best sushi in the well down to a T?" Mr. Cho confidently asks.

"I'm British...I am going back with the recipe whether you give it to me or not." Lance cheekily responds.

"We shall see. Your days of Empire are long gone, but you're still paying for that royal family of yours."

Mr. Cho welcomes them in, and the hostess, Mr. Cho's granddaughter, waves them all through. She's been working here for the past three years, ever since she turned sixteen and had no need for college. The restaurant was the family business, but she was studying away at some sort of book that caught Mr. Cho's eye. Alison seemed to know what was up and, with a nod to Eve, got him to continue without questioning the girl, who breathed a sigh of relief.