Chapter 2: Fighting with Mazy

The bell rings for the end of first period.
Pre-Algebra wasn't all that bad. Mostly because Jimmy and I were talking through all of it. Mr. McKinnon looked at us with a disgusted look a few times, we pretended that we didn't notice and proceeded to discuss things to each other. Jimmy and I had all of the same classes together.

We walk back into the hall and start to head to second period; Study Hall. That was like a free period to Jimmy and I, mostly because we never studied for anything. So, we went outside around the corner to help ourselves to another smoke.

"How's Mazy?" I ask Jimmy. Mazy was Jimmy's girlfriend.

"I really don't know. We had a fucking massive fight the other day. She hasn't texted or even called since then."

"Shit dude, what was it about?"

"She was complaining that I gave you more attention than her. When, how can I not? You and I have been best friends since the 5th Grade."

I look at the ground, taking a puff of my cigarette and letting it out.
Jimmy must've noticed my reaction because he spoke up.

"C'mon, Neo. You don't think this is your fault, do you?"
I shrugged. I kind of did. He sighed, taking a puff and blowing it out.

"Listen, babe. It's not your fault. She's just fucking paranoid. You know how she gets."
The truth was. I did know how jealous and paranoid she gets. I've met her before. She always did seem quite dodgy to me.
"Yeah, nah, Jim, it's cool. Thanks." I lied.
He gave me a light punch on the arm. He gave me a half-hearted smile, not long before taking another puff. I smile slightly and push him a bit.

"Hey!" He chuckled. So did I. We both finished our cigs not long after and started talking like always when the girl at the front office came on the loudspeaker.
"Neomi Terrain, please come to the front office. Neomi Terrain to the front office. Thank you."

"Great." I huffed under my breath. Jimmy looked at me questioningly.

"C'mon." He tugged lightly on my shirt.
"Ill walk you."
I have him a smile and we started
walking off to the office.