"I don't want people to say, he let down his forefathers to please his wife"

One day Abu El'Ass went to the Prophet (SAW) before he had received his mission of Prophethood and said: "I want to marry your eldest daughter". So the Prophet replied: "I must ask her first". He (SAW) went to Zainab and asked her: "Your cousin came to me and he wishes to marry you, do you accept him as your husband?" Her face turned red with bashfulness and she smiled. So Zainab married Abu El'Ass, the beginning of a great love story. They had two children Ali and Omama. Then Muhammad became a Prophet while Abu El'Ass was away from Makkah. Abu El'Ass returned to find his wife a Muslim. When he first came back, his wife said "I have great news for you". He stood up and left her. Zainab was surprised and followed him as she said, "My father became a Prophet and I have become a Muslim". He replied, "Why didn't you tell me first?" Hence a big problem began between the two, a problem of religion and belief. She told him, "I wasn't going to disbelieve in my father and his message, he is not a liar, and he is "The Honest and Trustworthy". I'm not the only believer my mother and my sisters became Muslims, my cousin Ali ibn Abi Taleb became a Muslim, your cousin Othman ibn Affan became a Muslim, and your friend, Abu Bakr, became a Muslim". He replied, "Well, as for me, I don't want people to say, 'he let down his people and his forefathers to please his wife'. And I am not accusing your father of anything". Then he said, "So will you excuse me and understand?" She replied,"Who will excuse and understand you if I don't? I will stay beside you and help you until you reach the truth."

Thanks for reading it I really appreciate. You can ask me anything about the story Just Comment your Questions and Part 2 will be updated soon insha allah.