"What did my father do?" "What did my husband do?"

Abu El'Ass remained an unbeliever, and then came the migration. Zainab went to her father and asked him for the permission to stay with her husband. The Prophet (SAW) replied, "Stay with your husband and children". So Zainab stayed in Makkah, until the battle of Badr occurred. Abu El'Ass was to fight in the army of Quraish against the Muslims. For Zainab, it meant that her husband will be fighting her father, a time Zainab had always feared. She kept crying out: "O Allah, I fear one day the sun may rise and my children become orphans or I lose my father". So the battle started, and ended in victory for the Muslims. Abu El'Ass was captured by the Muslims, and news of this reached Makkah. Zainab asked, "What did my father do?" They told her, "The Muslims won". So she prayed to Allah, thanking Him. Then she asked: "What did my husband do?" They said: "He was captured". She said, "I'll send a payment to release him". She didn't own anything of much value, so she took off her mother's necklace, and sent it with Abu El'Ass's brother to the Prophet. While the Prophet (SAW) was sitting, taking payments and releasing captives, he saw Khadeeja's necklace. He held it up and asked: "Whose payment is this?" They said: "Abu El'Ass ibn Rabee". He cried and said "This is Khadeeja's necklace". As soon as the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saw that necklace, he had a feeling of extreme compassion and his heart palpitated for the great memory. The Companions who were present there gazed in amazement having being captivated by the magnificence of the situation. After a long silence, the Messenger of Allah (SAW) stood up and said "People, this man is my in-law, should I release him? And do you accept the return of this necklace to my daughter?" They answered in unison "Yes, Messenger of Allah".