𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
wednesday, august 17th
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

           beep..
                                       beep..
                                                                  beep..

A low groan escapes your lips and you turn onto your side, stuffing your face into a pillow. You can't decide if the sound of the clock is more annoying muffled or not.

You hold the pillow tight to your ears, hoping the beeping will magically stop. But alas, it doesn't.

The bedsheets rustle when you turn over and loudly slap the stop button on your phone. Your rub your eyes and position yourself to sit on the edge of your bed.

Sasha, your roommate, is still snoring in her bed with over half of her blankets on the ground. The alarm clock hadn't even fazed her.

You stand up and shuffle over to your vanity to grab the clothes you had set out the night before. It's a simple outfit, but cute.

You pull your shirt over your head and slip the other one on, doing the same thing with your pants.

The chair squeaks when you sit down and scoot closer to your vanity. You apply some eyeliner, mascara, and some blush before adding a few rings and a necklace or two as your finishing touches. By the time you had finished, Sasha had finally woken up. You glance at her from the reflection in your mirror.

Sasha scrolls through social media for a few minutes before deciding to get up. "Good morning." You say.

"Morning." Sasha yawns. She arches her back in a long stretch and raises her arms up. Her hair is a tangled disaster and she's wearing only one sock. The other probably got lost in her pig pen of a bed. It's crunchy, to say the least. Food crumbs litter the mattress and there're a few mysterious stains caused by who knows what. Probably various foods she stole from her boyfriend, Niccolo, to ease her midnight cravings.

You sit up and pack your bag with the things you need for the day.

You major in art and aim to become an artist after college. The pay isn't amazing, but you've been doing art your whole life. All your friends have posed for you at least once. But not only do you love the creation of it, but the history fascinated you as well. You had considered becoming an art historian instead, but that isn't what you really want to do. You want to create art, not just analyze it.

Sasha groans and flops back on the bed, rubbing her eyes. Sighing, you sling the strap of your backpack over your shoulder and grab your keys from your nightstand.

"I'm gonna head out. Make sure to get to class on time today." You remind her, locking the room to your shared dorm behind you. In the hallway you put your headphones on and press shuffle on your playlist. The first song that comes up is Tek It by Cafuné.

...

When you walk inside the library, your eyes land on your best friend, Jean. He's sitting alone at the table your friend group usually hangs out at before school. You walk over to him and sit down. He looks up at you but doesn't say much. Just grumbles a, "good morning" and, not on purpose, gives you a glare. He has huge circles under his eyes and, to say the least, doesn't look like he's having the time of his life.