Chapter 1

They all stared at what was once Tanjiro. They watched as the newfound Demon King glared at them with narrowed, cat-like eyes.

They all stood still in shock. Everyone was silent, no one knew what to say.

Zenitsu took a step backwards, and his eyes widened.

"This has to be some kind of lie, right?"

Tanjiro's wrist met his mouth, wiping away some blood.

Giyuu ran towards him, but Tanjiro just jumped away, easily dodging the blade of Giyuu's katana. 

Tanjiro jumped off of the sides of walls, dodging the attacks of the remaining hashira.

    He felt pounding in his head, his right eye stinging. His senses were heightened, as his adrenaline rises. He couldn't control his body, it was as if something was living inside him, and controlling his every move. His heart pounded, and he felt as if it would suddenly burst out of his chest. The loud thuds of his heart beating was harsh against his now sensitive ears.

His body kept running, the rocks and twigs under his feet crushed under his weight. He made a sharp turn around a small building, dust flying into the air after him. 

"Tanjiro, get back here!"

He heard a voice; presumably Giyuu, but he couldn't hear well due to the blood roaring in his ears.

He quickly dodged another attack, this time it was by Inosuke.

"My comrade, come back to us!"

Tanjiro gained control for a moment and sped to a stop, and whipped his head around to look at them. Giyuu looked devastated. He felt a pang of guilt. His eyes started watering, but he lost control once again and started running away.

The sound of footsteps and yelling behind him soon faded away, but he didn't slow down. He was scared. Of himself. Of hurting his friends, his family.

He ran for what felt like a long time, escaping into the nearby forest.

Tanjiro felt a bone-deep ache in his legs, and he plopped down next to a tree with a small thump. He sat there, thinking of what'll happen

Tanjiro huffed, gaining control of his body. His nose started itching, and his eyes stung. Tears formed in his eyes, as his vision became blurry. The situation came crashing onto him like a boulder.

.

.

.

End of Chapter 1, Newfound Demon King

A/N: WOWOWOOWWOOWOW IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I WROTE SOMETHING

TELL ME IF U LIKE IT HBAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH ok bye I'll update later