Chapter One: Plans

It is now mid December, and our favorite couple have returned from their vacation. They had left for two weeks, so it is now the 24th. They are spending time with their parents in Pallet Town.

Ash and Serena got a house built in Pallet Town near their parents' houses. It was a mansion because why not? Also they had very large paychecks, so this was easy to afford. The house in Alola was for if Serena wanted to live there instead of Pallet Town, but the two chose Pallet Town together. Ash was going to keep the house even if she didn't want to live there, because Alola is his third home besides Kanto and Kalos.

They are currently at Ash's parents house, and talking by the fire.

"...And that's how I almost died getting the mail." Ash explained.

"That was an...interesting story. But I'm glad you two had fun on your vacation." Delia said.

"That's not everything..." Ash started.

"Yeah, um...I'm pregnant." Serena finished.

"Damn, that doesn't surprise me one bit." Ashton said. "Congratulations."

"Yeah kiddos. Congrats." James also said.

Serena's mother looked taken aback.

"What are you so shocked at?" James asked his wife. "We knew this would happen."

"Yeah, I know...but it's so much different when they actually tell you." Grace explained.

"You're not mad, are you?" Serena asked her mother.

"No, of course not sweetie. I'm happy for you."

The rest of the night was peaceful and happy, they couldn't wait for their new family member.

Two Months Later

As the pair laid in bed together, they began talking. They discussed many different topics, but one came up that really got them thinking. Their future.

"What should we do these coming months? Besides you and I needing to attend to our regional duties, I mean." Ash asked his wife.

"Well, actually, I quit." She replied.

"Oh, ok. Wait...WHAT!?"

Serena smiled. "Yeah. I'm done. I want to spend more time with you and our children."

"Wow, I just...thought you really enjoyed it. You were living your dream."

"If I am being completely honest, that was my secondary goal." Serena said.

"Then what was your primary goal?" Ash asked.

"You, and a family. If you recall, the only reason I even started my journey was to find you. I didn't even have another goal until about a month and a half in."

Ash blushed, as he hadn't ever heard this.

"Well thank you. I would love to spend more time together."

The pair continued talking, then Kalos was brought up.

"You know what we should do?" Serena said.

"What?"

"Have another journey through Kalos. You can try the league again, and we can have more strange adventures." She explained.

"We should ask Clemont and Bonnie if they want to come." Ash suggested.

"Yeah we should. First thing in the morning we should ask."

They bid each other goodnight and fell asleep.

When they woke up, they got ready for the day. After they finished, they called Clemont and Bonnie.

"Hey you guys!" Ash and Serena happily said as the siblings appeared on the screen.

"Hi!" They responded.

"We were wondering if you guys wanted to go on another adventure through Kalos?" Ash asked.

"That would be so much fun! Big brother please!?"

"Yeah, that would be fun! When do you think you two are coming?" Clemont asked.

"Well, It's Saturday..." Serena looked at her husband, "Tomorrow?"

Ash nodded.

"Ok. Well be heading to Kalos Tomorrow." Serena confirmed.