· ☀︎︎-☁︎-☾︎ ·

.

.

.

☁︎

    It was already probably something around 11.pm and Viktor remained sitting down in the laboratory. Papers completely overflowing with notes and scribbles on the new HexCore prototype were all over the table. Empty coffee mugs as well, pens with no more ink, and all kinds of different books. He stayed here all day, working as hard as he could to make this work. But he was awfully tired and it didn't help the frustration and annoyance that came from not being able to make this work properly the way he wanted it to.

A whole pack of many different things were on Viktor's mind lately. All of this anxiety around the research being stuck on this one prototype, his new found lung disease, which he already was well aware of by himself . . . And now, for a couple days, it was Jayce who was on his mind. His best friend and co - worker. The taller man was acting off the rare few times they got to see each other now. Viktor knew that Jayce was now leader of the Council and that it was a lot of pressure . . . But he could feel something else that wasn't fully right with Jayce. Viktor couldn't put a finger on it just like that, of course.

They were both really busy . . . But this distance building up between the both of them really put a small weight on Vik's heart.

Knock, knock . . .

« - Uhm . . . M- Mister Viktor ? Am I i- interrupting ? » A familiar shy and high - pitched tone expressed after the door of the lab opened.

« - Not necessarily . . . Is there something I must know of ? » Viktor answered, already knowing who it was. He tapped the tip of his pencil against the table, trying to contain all of this frustration.

« - Oh, uhm . . . Not really- I brought you the new pens you asked for . . . And- . . . I was asking myself . . . If y- you wanted to maybe have a walk with m- me ? I know this prototype seems to put you in difficulty . . . But it's already close to midnight, not many people are still here at this hour . . . » Sky softly said, walking closer and putting down a glass full of pens. Since all the ones Viktor had were broken by his anger or completely used.

Viktor had nothing against Sky. She was gorgeous, kind, sweet and smart. But, Viktor just knew she liked him, and let's say . . . First of all ; He didn't feel the same, since he has a slight preference for- Tall . . . Muscular men . . . And second of all . . . He just couldn't bring himself to take care of a relationship while knowing it won't last long . . . He won't last long . . . At least that's what Viktor told himself most of the time.

« - Hh- I apologize to you, Sky . . . I'm sure I would love to at some point, but I currently have more important matters to attend to at the moment . . . On the other hand, I'm quite grateful for the pens. » Viktor sighed out, turning his chair towards the shy assistant while wiping away his frustration.

« - O- Oh . . . Uhm- That's fine, Viktor ! I'm glad I could've helped you with something, heh ! But- . . . Think about taking care of yourself as well . . . I- It's not to criticize o- or anything- ! I just- . . . Don't want you to look so exhausted all the time . . . »

« - Tch- Let me tell you some useful advice. Caring or wanting more of something that will disappear soon isn't worth it, but a waste of time. Think about wasting your time and emotions less than you are right now . . . Just saying. Eitherway, I need to go somewhere, if you don't mind. » Viktor grumbled rather coldly, feeling a tiny bit of regret as he looked at Sky's saddened face lacing with confusion. She shyly looked away, not really knowing if she's the one who made Viktor mad and frustrated.

🎉 You've finished reading ☁︎ 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 - ᴠɪᴋᴛᴏʀ ˣ ᴊᴀʏᴄᴇ · ∞ 🎉