Us?

"In another life, I could love you"
- Jamie Mcguire

We always talked so briefly and even though I'd regret parts of our conversation, I could never contain the smile that etches upon my face. It was always one sided, this feeling. I wouldn't call it love, I don't know you, who you truly are. You've just provided me with a general biography and limited resources- social media.

I hope you never felt suffocated with my 'unobvious' flirting. Trust me even I didn't know.

But, through the zoning and ignorance, I was always intrigued by you. I wanted to get to know you more. I wanted to know what music you listened to, whether you bite your nails when you're nervous, how much soccer truly means to you, what scares you, who loves you, your ambitions, goals. Do you like chutney or do you hate the smell of ginger as I do. Do lame jokes send you laughing to the floor or are you not amused by them?

I just wanted to listen to you talk with passion about things that your life comprised of. I wanted to know how you've lived your life all these years. I wanted to know how it would be to love someone like you.

But you never let me in. Not at all. Stood your ground strong you did. I guess you've got your walls up high as well.

I've known you since the day I could add numbers up till now. I don't know if you still remember, but we used to be best friends. And that was one of the best times of my life. I've known you since you had chubby cheeks and rectangle glasses with your kungfu panda shirt till now with a chiseled jaw, toned body, white rimmed glasses and that same beautiful, heartwarming smile.

You always used to draw those looney toons characters so well, especially the crazy fast brown guy. The tasmanian devil yeah?

Even though I've only seen you once or twice over the past few years, it's more than enough for me. I, well, as shameless as you think it is, thrive on that memory till the next time we meet.

I don't know, it's just something about you that I can't and I don't want to erase from my memory. You're a sweet memory that I'll never forget.

I still want to talk to you though. To get to know you. I have so many thoughts- "Can we play 20 questions the next time? I hope we're going to the same school. Have you ever thought about me? Or am I just an acquaintance . Will I lose you? You were never mine to begin with, but I still don't want to lose you from my heart."

Your birthday and festivals are the best days. Gives me an excuse to talk to you.

" If you love something, let it go. If it's meant to be, it will come back to you".

As the quote says, i cannot do. My heart is tied down with the thought of you. One day we shall meet and till then I shall hope. That you will see me the way I see you too