A little too late

"I just wanna hear you say you got me baby. Are you mine?" - R U Mine, Arctic Monkeys

The strangled screams that emanated from her throat echoed through the big empty house.

It was as though her soul had been fighting all this time to stay strong-no, fighting to keep itself together and live on.

But all it took was a few words and she broke. Out came her uncontrollable sobs as she clawed through the thin air wanting to feel something but instead feeling nothing . Not his skin, his warmth and especially not his presence.

She picked up the phone and strolled through the contacts. This time her thumb didn't hover over the call button, she just did it. Every ring was pure torture, she needed to hear his voice. She needed to tell him anything, everything. She just needed him to pick up the phone now.

After 3 rings she heard what she wanted to. Soft and mellow, a "Hello" from her beloved.

"I can't do this without you", her voice just above a whisper," I can't try to live when you were my saving grace. You're all that I have and you're all that I need. So please, get me. Please save me from myself".

And then the line went dead and she stopped breathing. Loud sirens, crowds forming. She was finally in the arms of her saving grace but it was a little too late. He was a little too late.

Sooooo how was that? Do let me know what you guys think, I'd love to know! :) Sorry, this one's a little morbid yeah? haha