- epilogue

don't forget to vote and comment <3

It was over.

They discovered the truth. Nick Goode was dead, and things seemed to be getting better in Shadyside.

The deaths of Kate Schmidt and Y/N L/N were all anyone could talk about.

How could Kate Schmidt, a teenager with so much to offer the world, so much ahead of her, could have died in less than five minutes?

And Y/N L/N? A girl who was too rich for Shadyside, but not rich enough for Sunnyvale. The girl all of the younger kids looked up to. A girl everyone knew was going to do great things. The death of Y/N L/N was the death of Shadyside's angel.

Deena was a wreck. She had known Y/N since they were kids. Whenever things got rough at her house, she would always go to Y/N. No matter what, Y/N was always there. Seeing her on the ground, head bashed, blood everywhere was as if the sun in her heart died. Sure, Sam was the love of her life, but she had always said that Y/N was her "platonic soulmate".

Sam felt guilty. "This is my fault. I should have never moved to Sunnyvale. I should've told her to go home." She would tell herself. But it wasn't her fault. Sam couldn't have know this would happen. It wasn't her fault.

Josh was heartbroken. He lost someone who meant a lot to him. Y/N had taken him under her wing when he first got to meet her. They had an automatic connection, in a sibling kind of way. He knew she was good friends with Deena, and he had looked up to her for a long time.

Eli was completely broken. His little sister was dead. Y/N, the sister he loved teasing for being a middle child. Reading the letter she left for him was as though a piece of his heart was being torn out of his chest.

𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘌𝘭𝘪,

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘠/𝘕, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳. 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.

𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 '𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨' 𝘰𝘳 '𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺?'