New Years Sickness

~Rydel~

There's a few days in the year that a girl doesn't wanna be sick.That would be the holidays.Not like Easter or something like that.It would be Valentines Day,the anniversary day and of course,New Years Eve.

Of course,I'd come down with a flu.And of course I'd have to take care of myself because my brothers are working their asses off and Ellington is currently in Vegas with his parents.Actually,I haven't told Ellington I'm sick.He will be so mad when he gets here and sees me sick.He hates when something happens to me and I don't tell him.I just don't wanna worry him.

'Delly,how are you feeling?' Riker asks getting in my room.

'Better than yesterday and worst than this morning.' I answer truthfully.

'Ellington called saying he'd be home tonight.' He says and I nod.He sits next to me and kisses my cheek

'Look,I have to go but anything...' He starts and I give him a fake smile.

'I call you.' I answer.He kisses my cheek again and leaves.

I just lay in my bed.I thought really about calling Riker so he could take me to the hospital.I am just away too independent for that.I would call my Mom but she and Dad are in Colorado.

I get up from bed and pick my blanket and go to the living room.I set the fire because I'm cold as hell.I cover myself with the blanket and lay in the couch.

I must have slept a long while because I woke up with the boys arriving home.

'Delly! How are you?!' Ross asks looking at me.

'Fine...' I say weakly.I'm shivering under my blanket.

'Rydel,you're shivering!' Rocky says with a tone of worry

'I'm fine!' I whisper.

'Let's take her to the hospital.' Ryland says.He walks to me and picks me up in bridal style.He is always the one who worries more.

'No...I don't want' I whisper barely audible.

'Rydel,I'm not asking for your opinion...Rocky,pick the keys and Ross,pick Rydels purse.' Ryland says ordering stuffs to our brothers.

Soon after we were all the in the hospital waiting for a doctor to come and take care of me.

Riker is hugging me tightly while I shrive.I haven't been this sick since I was a kid.

'Someone called Ellington to tell him his stubborn ass girlfriend is in the hospital?' Riker asks.

'Rocky called him...' Ross says.I immediately look up to face Rockys expression.

'He was not happy that you hide from him you were sick.' Rocky says looking straight at me.

'Rydel Lynch.' The doctor announces.We get up and follow the doctor inside.

The doctor takes care of me and tells me I have to stay under observation for the next hour.I stopped shivering and the fever got normal so it's a good sign.

Then Ellington got in the room.He looked like he was running because he was out of breath.

'You little stubborn ass!' He says walking to me.He hugs me tightly and I just hug him as well.

'Hi,hun' I say weakly.

'Why didn't you tell me you were sick?' He asks,rhetorically.He knows me too well for this kind of questions.

'I didn't want to worry anyone with my things.' I answer

'Well,your thing got you shivering like you were high! Rydel,you get us all here sick worried!' Ryland says.For being the youngest,it's impressive how mature he is.