Chapter 1: Stranger

As the windy night is starting to calm down, and the fog is starting to accumulate as I'm trying to get home, I feel like someone or something is watching me. I start to walk a bit faster but it seems like it's catching up to my speed. I quickly turn around but nothing appears to be there, I turn back around and keep walking as i'm trying to convince myself that it was nothing at all, but doing that is kind of hard when you can hear footsteps behind me.

I turn back around as i'm screaming,

"I know your there, just come out and show yourself" My voice starts to quiver a bit at the end , but since there's no response I turn back around and run for now I am too scared to even look back a last time.

I trip! "CRAP!" I look down at my knee and I see that I scraped it, I look back up and see a shadow moving closer to me, I get up and flinch at the pain but I am too scared so I keep running. I can barely see because of the fog but I know I am not so far from home. 'I can see my house! I'm almost there! I'm finally at the door!' I check my purse and my pocket from my jacket but I can't find my keys!!! 'God, I must of dropped them when I fell!' But I have no time to go back and look for them now, the shadow is coming nearer everytime I look back.

I have no other choice but to run to my neighbors house, I have not met him once but his house is the closest one to mine. I run and meet his door, so I knock on it, and someone opens the door. I don't want to be rude but I rush in not even caring to explain. He yells "Who the hell are you?" And he gives me a serious look and looks like he's about to strangle me.

"Hi,*heh* sorry for barging in, but i'm you next door neighbor and well it seems like I dropped my keys when I fell as I was being followed but someone, so please accept my apology and let me stay here for a bit *sigh* if you don't mind, oh and my name is l..Lincoln Jepsin" 'I reply back and make myself look as inocent and scared as I can'

"Well since your already here and you seem like you do need help i'll let you stay for a bit and my name is Alexander Hardin but you can call me Alex if you want" alex replies back to me in a sort of annoyed but somehow happy voice.

"Well thank you for not kicking me out."
I ask him as he's getting me a glass of water from his kitchen
"No problem but I wasn't going to kick out a pretty girl in distress but I was worried that you were going to rob me or something, I didn't know you, what did you want me to think about someone who rushed into my house with out saying hello or something."
He explains. 

"Ok, ok, once again I apologize so forgive me, but someone was following me and I panicked

"Fine I forgive you but did you see the face of the person following you? I'll give him a great beating because he distrusted my beauty sleep!" He said in a some what sarcasm in the tone

"No, um sorry I didn't see his face, I was too scared to even look behind me. I'm sorry for intruding, sorry."

"Then don't go back out there and stay here with me for a while and maybe I'll let you stay the night, if I don't change my mind"
*starts laughing* he says that in a kind or sexy voice of so maybe he might even mean it, though a part of me hopes he does... *awkward*