Oneshot #9

A huge festival was held in a faraway kingdom. It was the day of the prince's birth, his 21st birthday.

Every year, the royal family celebrated their births and every birthday, they will open the gates to the kingdom and welcome them to celebrate with them.

And since it's their beloved prince's come of age, the party went all the way from the palace to the gates, with people wanting to see their prince turning 21 with them.

Some are drunk, full, and singing waiting for their prince to come down and meet them. They will never miss this special day, the day when the prince will soon be confirmed to be their future king.

"It's weird, what's taking them so long?* Some of them asked, hiccuping from the beer he drank. "They usually showed up as soon as we arrived inside."

"I agree..." The other nodded, looking worried as they took a bite of their barbeque. "I'm quite worried..."

Someone butted in and gasped, whispering, "What if something happened to our prince-" they were cut off by their partner with a flick on the forehead.

"Idiot, don't think like that!" They hissed. "It's the prince's debut, maybe they're making a surprise."

"A surprise?!"

"I wonder what would it be? I'm quite excited."

"The feeling is mutual."

Rumors spread like wildfire, saying that the royal family were making a surprise for the prince's debut and started concluding what would it be.

Is it really a surprise?

"Prince Lucas?!!!"

"Oh, gods... Where could he be?!!"

On the second floor, the maids were in deep trouble, walking around nervously as they tried fo find their prince who suddenly disappeared into his room right after the townspeople arrived in the palace.

Where could their prince may be?!

It's not the first time this happened to them, their prince is always like this when there's a celebration in the kingdom, running off from his balcony and nowhere to be found until the next day, in a mess but acts so normally as if nothing happened.

"What do we do?!!!"

"Their Majesties are gonna kill us!!"

On a very special day, his debut. He ran away. But what could be the reason why?

And where could he be?

People...

People...

People...

People...

In the middle of the ballroom, where many of the townspeople are, there is one unfamiliar man that is walking in the opposite direction to where the prince will show up and walking oh-so-slowly and carefully towards the door.

Freedom...

And finally! He got out of the room, sighing in relief as he proceeds to continue towards outside. With a small smile on his face and his shoulders up in excitement for the freedom, he wanted to get back ever since the people arrived in the palace.

And who might this man be?

"Prince Lucas?"

Lucas flinched as someone mentions his name, cautiously, he stopped in his tracks and slightly turn around to see who called:

"He's not out yet?"

"Yeah, I heard there will be a surprise that's why he's late."

Lucas sighed. For a second, he thought that someone found him. Just the thought of it makes him feel nervous or rather. Puke.