Part 77

It was evening 6. Everything was Mehendi and Sangeet ready. Navya was on the swing with two ladies working on her hand and the other two on her legs. Bridal mehndi requires a lot of efforts and patience,surely. The others surrounded her around. Nandini as on the couch with a lady working on her left hand while her right hand was occupied by her phone. She was trying to call and reach out to Manik . After the haldi,he was no where to be seen. It was just a message from him that said he will be there soon and that she need not worry but how would she not? She needed to see him , she wanted to see him.

"Chachi,can I have your phone? I want to click Mamma's pictures." said little Radhika as Nandini smiled and passed her the phone.

20 minutes passed and no sign of Manik.

"Kisika naam likhna hai kya?" asked the lady while Nandini looked at her and nodded. Before she could reply, there were hoots around. They were all looking at her making her conscious but keeping that aside, why are they hooting for her?

In confusion,she looked by her side and that's where he was, on his knees smiling at her. It amazed her how not having a glimpse of him for a few hours made her so restless and just a sight gave her all the happiness. 

"Manik" she whispered as the lady beside wrote the name on the mehendi and got up finishing her work. Manik forwarded his hand to her showing her his palm. Confused,she looked at it to find the portrait of her hand beautifully imprinted on his palm. She felt special, she felt loved.

"You liked it?" asked Manik looking at her face which was down looking at his palm. Hearing his question, she looked at him to find him waiting for her answer. Though, there were people around but she just could not control herself from giving a tight kiss to him on his cheeks whle he smiled. The couple earned hoots and cheers from all around.

"How romantic Manik, Dhruv learn something" said Alya nudging Dhruv who sighed

"Buddy, not done. Stop setting the bar this high please sabse nahi ho payega" said Dhruv jokingly as the others chuckled.

"I love you" confessed Nandini as Manik smiled at her and stood up making way towards the stage. Soon, the mood was set to romantic with the lights and music as Manik sat on the stage with his guitar.

"This one's for you my love,Happy one month" said Manik as he closed his eyes. This is when it struck Nandini. In all this chaos, she forgot it was 1 month to her marriage , to their marriage today. All his moments with Nandini flashed across as Manik began singing while Nandini sat admiring her man.

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginnin'
Even when I lose, I'm winnin'

'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh-oh

sang Manik as he opened his eyes to meet the teary ones of Nandini who was emotional by now. Nodding a No at her clearly indicating , he was in no mood to see her cry that moment, he continued switching his songs

Dil ka dariya, Beh hi gaya
Ishq ibaadat, Bann hi gaya
Khudko mujhe, Tu saunp de
Meri zaroorat, Tu bann gaya

Baat dil ki, Nazron ne ki Sach ke raha, Teri kasam
Tere bin ab na lenge ek bhi dum
Tujhe kitna chahne lage hum

Tere saath ho jayenge khatam
Tujhe kitna chahne lage hum

sang Manik with all his heart staring deep into Nandini's eyes.

The music changed from slow and soothing to catchy as Manik was joined by Mukti,Dhruv,Alya,and the groom himself,Cabir. The FAB 5 were on for a rocking performance.

Mukti and Alya sang in chorus as Dhruv held the mic for them considering their mehendi decked hands as Manik and Cabir stepped down carefully making Nandini and Navya stand as they went on the stage. All of them danced their hearts out on the stage with careful moves not spoiling their mehendi. Fun,it was.

Everyone then proceeded with their dinner. What a beautiful day!

As the function ended,Raj and Raman made sure the handful guests were comfortable in the resort as they returned back home and were soon on the beds tired. After a long hectic day, bed is the heaven.

____________________

Noticing everyone to be fast asleep, Nandini got up and quietly with slow steps went to Manik's bed to see him up.

"I thought you were sleeping" whispered Nandini making sure no one heard her.

"Same, otherwise I would have come to you" whispered back Manik.

"Okay fine, get up and follow me" said Nandini as she got up and forwarded her hand for Manik to get up too which he did without any questions.

Nandini led him to the terrace while he followed her silently. Obviously he knew,she had planned something. They entered the terrace and to say Manik was fascinated would not do justice. He was simply astounded. A beautiful canopy decked with fairy lights under the stars with fireflies around awaited them. 

Before he could express his amusement, Nandini hugged him tight with her entire weight on him taking him aback but he soon wrapped his arms around her protectively picking her up from the ground.

"Thankyou for today Manik" said Nandini standing on her feet but with her hands still around him and likewise.

"So was it the real better one?" asked Manik taking her back to their morning conversation while she chuckled and nodded.

"It was the best " said Nandini "Happy one month Manik" said Nandini as she pulled him under the canopy. To more surprise, a cake was placed there . Manik smiled at her as both of them settled down and cut the cake feeding each other the same.

"You made it,didn't you?" asked Manik taking another slice of it .

"Hmm" said Nandini looking at him relishing the taste. As he was about to have more, she put the cake aside out of his reach.

"What?" asked Mnaik.

"You are not allowed to have more" said Nandini

"Whyy?" asked Manik as he tried to grab more.

"I said NO Manik, it is not healthy. Once is enough" said Nandini strictly and Manik knew there was no point over arguing with Nandini when it is Doctor. Nandini.

They laid down together gazing the stars analyzing a beautiful month that flew by like anything. Time flies!

"Thankyou for coming into my life and making it so much better Nandini. I cannot even imagine my life without you now" said Manik kissing her forehead from the back while she laid on him.

"Copy,Paste,Enter" said Nandini making Manik chuckle

"Also,Nandini I have booked our tickets for Bali" declared Manik casually 

"Haan? When?" asked Nandini looking at him

"We would leave for Bali next Saturday" said Manik while Nandini nodded at him. They had decided on Bali after a lot of thinking that went into it. Nandini wanted to go for waters while Manik wanted to go for mountains. They settled on Bali, the moderate for both.