FOUND - Part1

BounPrem AU short story special supposedly in celebration of Valentine's Day 2022 but again I failed to publish the whole story.

Originally this is just for twitter but I still wanted to just share it here.

(I deleted the picture version and just pasted the words here.)

Prem was sitting peacefully in his favorite cafe located at the top floor of a building with an overlooking view of the busy city.

He was sipping his iced espresso while staring blankly ahead.

He was inexplicably feeling overwhelmed again.

It was like his frustrations and anxieties were eating him alive once again.

He doesn't feel like talking and showing emotion to anyone else because he is just feeling too much.

At times like this, he just can't help but seek for a peaceful moment alone. He usually spends an hour or so just being silent and not minding his surroundings at all.

This has already been his habit whenever he feels like he needs to be refreshed as the silence often makes him feel his mind has been reset after but somehow unknowingly it also makes him feel more empty.

His mind will be blank as it has been refreshed but at the same time his heart will suddenly won't feel anything for a while.

Prem heaved a sigh for the nth time.

He stared at his phone on top of the table as it showed a notification that he received a message from someone.

Whenever he is spending his alone time, it feels like he can't find the energy to reply back or answer to any call so as usual he planned to just ignore the notification until it beeped again.

Slowly, he peeked over to see who the message came from.

It's no other than Boun.

Message from BBoun:

"Hey, where are you? You said you are still in the office but I can't find you. I've been looking for you."

Message from BBoun:

"I'll just be in the nearby cafe in case you want to come and meet me or just text me if you want me to buy you one."

Message from BBoun:

"N'Dao told me our schedule was moved to 6pm."

He heaved a sigh once again because it felt like he was having some chest pain.

"Thanks, Phi. I already had coffee earlier. I just went out for a while but I'll be back soon. Let's just meet at the office later. See you!" Prem replied, somehow feeling happy that their scheduling was delayed as it means that he will have more time by himself but at the same time wishing the schedule was not delayed so they can finish the work for the day earlier.

Message from BBoun:

"Text me as soon as you're back. Stay safe and see you later."

"How I wish you were actually here right now." Prem whispered to himself before heaving out another sigh.

"I wish I could tell you that but I can't... and I won't." Prem continued before looking up at the blue sky above.

"I'm fine.... I can be fine... I'm just tired... I will be fine..." He chanted to himself.

-------------------------

Originally Published: February 15, 2022  - 2:41 AM

Words: 625 (with notes)