TWO.

Dylan looked at her lunch food in disgust as she picked around at her tray

Dylan looked at her lunch food in disgust as she picked around at her tray. She looked at the clock on the wall by the door of the cafeteria, realizing that it had only been ten minutes since she looked at it the last time. She felt a small kick at her leg, looking up to see Demetri eyeing her food. She rolled her eyes, before handing him her tray and taking his. He smiled at her, and she returned the favor. The cousin's both turned their head towards the sound of a microphone, seeing the guidance counselor, who was now standing on a table to make a speech. She rolled her eyes, great. This was never a good sign.

"Cyberbullying is not laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online is just as hurtful as saying it to their face. I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity," she paused, making Dylan overhear kids talking and pointing at Eli, who was trying to crouch lower than he already was, "but today, our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students." She finished. Everyone went back to talking right after, ignoring what the woman had just said not even a minute ago.

"You know, if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojos looking for recruits." Miguel said. Dylan turned to him, looking at him curiously. She had taken karate as a small child and had never taken it seriously, but it sounded fun.

"Maybe, it depends if I can afford it th-"

"Yeah right, you hear that Eli? A little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass." Demetri said, cutting off his cousin. She kicked his leg in which he glared at her from, and turned back to Miguel.

"I'm serious Demetri, all right? My sensei's the real deal, and I'm sure I could get you both discounts." Miguel said turning to Dylan. She nodded at the boy, thinking about his offer.

"I'll see. I'll have to talk to my dad and Aunt about it." Dylan said and smiled. Demetri turned to her with a judgey face.

"Are you serious? You, and karate? You do know you'll have to throw people around and stuff, right? And as enticing as that sounds by the way, I think Eli and I would rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control, than getting hit in the face."  Demetri said. She rolled her eyes, grabbing her tray back and trading it with his. He dramatically gasped as she starting eating the nasty food, mad at her cousin.

"Oh, and one last thing. While we're all looking forward to the Halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. For example, instead of "sexy nurse", maybe try "gender-neutral hospital employee," she paused, kids laughing at her, including Dylan, "instead of a geisha..." She went on but Dylan turned to Eli.

"So, what are you going as?" She said looking at the boy and smiled. He smiled back at her, before quietly talking.

"Probably like a doctor or something, I dunno though," he paused, thinking about it. When he realized she was still looking at him, he spoke again, "what about you?" He asked her.