Chapter 20

Hey guys I'm back. A new chapter. Enjoy.

Kendall POV

"What?" He sighed, "Your dad is dead Kendall." I shook my head, "How did this happen?" He sighed. "Your dad, he was driving drunk." Suprise, suprise. I could've guessed that. "Wow, I didn't even really talk to him." James put his hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry man." Katelyn came up, "Kendall.." I didn't shed any tears. It did suck that he was actually dead, even though we weren't exactly best buds. He was my father, the man I look like and have in my blood. 

Nobody wanted their parents to die even if they weren't on best terms. "I can't believe he died but, I'll be ok. It's sad and I'm not excited about it but I'm not weeping over it either." He shook his head, "They need you to go identify the body at the morgue." I nodded. "Ok, I'll go now." 

"You want me to come with you," Katelyn asked. I shook my head, "No, I wanna go by myself." James said, "You need a ride?" I shook my head. "Nah, I'll walk." I kissed Katelyn on the cheek. "Thanks for telling me James." He nodded, "Do I get a kiss on the cheek too?" I chuckled, "Never in my life time."

I walked out the house and walked to the morgue. I couldn't believe my dad actually died. Did my mom know? She possibly couldn't have considering I don't where she is. I need to find her though. I need to know where she is. She was the only parent I had left, not that my dad was there for me much anyway, or at all. Where in the world could she be? Is she even alive?

I shook those thoughts away from my head and focused on the morgue. I finally arrived there. "Who are you here for sir?" I said, "Kendall Schmidt." I had the same name as my dad. She took me to the room and opened the door. I saw him.

Lying there lifeless. This sucked. "Who is this Mr. Schmidt?" I sighed, "This is my father, Kendall Schmidt." He nodded. "Ok, thank you for confirming." I nodded. "Yeah." 

The morgue guy looked at me. I don't know what his job was, "Would you like to spend sometime with him?" I nodded, "Sure." He left the room. "Dad, dad, dad." I shook my head, "If you weren't such a heavy alcoholic.." I started to tear up. I can't deny it that I love my father. No matter how much hell he put me through. I still loved him. If I said that I didn't love him, that would be a lie. 

"I love you so much, why did you have to drink?" I shook my head. I put my hand on his, "Goodbye father." I left the room and went out the door. It was a very slow walk home but I reached it. "Kendall, you've been crying." Katelyn said. "Yeah, seeing him dead got to me." She nodded.

"But another thing I need to touch base on is finding my mother, if she is in fact still alive." She nodded. "Do have any first steps you wanna take?" I starting thinking. What did I have to do first? Oh yeah, maybe there is still something at the house I lived in as a child. Something that told me where she aspired to go or something along the lines of that.

"I need to go back to my old house, see if I can find something that told me where she wanted to go or at least gave me a hint." She nodded, "Yeah ok. I'll take you there." I nodded, "Tomorrow?" She smiled, "Ok."

**************************

We just had dinner and talked about hilarious things to get the events that happened today out of our head. I needed something to make me smile. "We still have to tell my father that we're dating." I nodded, "Yeah, we do don't we? We have to take him out to dinner or something." She smiled, "So there are witnesses?" I laughed.

"Exactly." We finished up dinner and went to the bedroom. "We sleeping in yours?" She nodded. "Yep." 

**************************
Tomorrow finally came. It was the day that I had to began the journey to find my mom. We were eating breakfast, "You remember where you lived Kendall?" I nodded, "Oh yeah I do. As much as I wanna forget though, somehow it just has this eternal place in my mind. I guess who would forget the house that was hell above ground." 

"Kendall." Katelyn scolded me. "Babe it's true. I literally thought I was going to die in that house. It's like my mom and dad were drinking every minute of the day. I had to practically take care of myself in that house." She sighed, "I'm very sorry, but just calm down." I looked at her. She looked at me. "Fine."

She smiled, "There ya go." We got dressed and then it was time to head off. I gave Katelyn directions to the house. We finally got there.

It was beaten down and probably still reeked of alcohol. Katelyn and I got out the car. I stood in front of the house that was pure hell for me.

Flashback

"Kendall!" I ran down the steps in my footed pajamas. "Yes daddy?" He pulled me by my collar, "Get my beer now boy." I nodded and went to the kitchen. I brought him a bottle. He looked at me. "What daddy?" He grabbed me up, "GOT DAMNIT KENDALL YOU KNOW I NEED THE WHOLE CASE DON'T YOU! OR DO I NEED TO SHAKE YOUR MEMORY?!" I shook my head, "I'll get it daddy."

I ran back in the kitchen. There I saw my mom. She came in drunk too I guess. "KENDALL HURRY UP!" I ran into the living room and gave it to him. "Get outta my sight boy." I went back into the kitchen to see my mom.

"Mommy are you ok?" She smiled at me, "Isn't it passed your bedtime Kendall. Get up there now." I ran up to my room. It was probably safer to be in here than down there. I pulled my teddy bear up and went to sleep.

End of flashback

I was 7 then. Here I was, 17 years later and a grown man. I still remember what happened that day like it just happened an hour ago. "Ready to go in?" I looked at her.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Welcome to Hell everybody. 

OOH I thought this chapter was really good. What do you think? Apologies for the late update and thanks for 800 reads!! Keep on readin'. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL