1

𝑆𝑌'𝑅𝐴𝐼 𝐽𝑂𝑁𝐴𝐸 𝑃𝑅𝐼𝐶𝐸
ATLANTA GA
August 20th 6:15 am
_______________________________

"Sy'rai get up and get ready for your first day" My mom screamed excitedly

"I don't know what you so jittery for it's not like you going" I rolled my eyes getting up.

"Still, it's your first day of your senior year in a new state I'm just so happy my baby isn't a baby anymore" she started to tear

"Please don't start. Imma go get ready before you start crying."

I can't lie I am a bit nervous about going to school it's my first day and I'm not excited about it. I miss my old school and my old friends I just hate the fact that I have to start all over in a new state.

I love Atlanta but it's so much different from Memphis. My mom ARIANA was born and raised here in Atlanta but moved to Memphis to be closer to my dad in the early 2000's.

My dad YASIR was a rapper and producer up until he was murdered in 2017 ever since then my mom has been depressed until we moved here, she's been the happiest I've ever seen her in a while.

I got dressed and texted my cousin MESSIAH to come pick me up since we would be going to the same school.

"I need a car" I mumbled tying my shoe lace.

I jogged downstairs looking for my mom she was on the couch with her with her coffee reading the Bible per usual.

"Mommy I'm leaving messiah is outside, see you later I love you" I kissed her forehead

"See you soon baby, love you more"

I left out and headed to siah's Black Toyota Camry.

"Okay sum slight for the first day." He said as I buckled myself in

"Ian wanna do to much you know" I laughed

1:20pm

"I rather starve myself than eat school lunch."

"Ion care what you talking bout these school nachos hit."

All school food to me is disgusting you'll never catch me eating this bullshit.

"Yooo siah" a boy named DEKARI dapped messiah up then sat down

"Hey, Syrai right ? I'm dekari" he put his hand out so that I could shake it

"Hey" I shook his hand he has really nice teeth.

"I made a new friend today and got her instagram, we had forensic science together she's really pretty." I showed them her picture

"That's Journei, omg she don't wanna be friends Rai she wanna fuck you" messiah laughed.

"What if I want to too." I frowned

"Fuck it we ball."

"Is that my peachess" I heard INDIA say behind me

"It is hey bookie, I didn't know you went here too" I smiled hugging  her

"She don't see us?" Messiah mugged India

"And don't, I see you two dweebs everyday." She rolled her eyes

"Guess who instagram this dummy got"

"Who's?"

"And who you calling a dummy? Look at your gpa and look at mine messiah."

"Anyways she gave journei her instagram." They all laughed. I'm tryna figure out what the fuck was so funny.

"Noo peaches whyyyy, she just wanna fuck you."

"Maybe I wanna have lesbian sex." I mumbled

"I'm not gonna talk bad about the girl but we just gonna let you see for yourself because she may be different towards you but WE know that girl is a whore." India said.

"Yeah imma just see for myself ion think she a hoe just misunderstood." I shrugged

"Yeah ok." Siah & dekari said in sync

"Well I don't have a 4th period today so I think imma just get a Uber home."

"No need because I don't have one either we can go get some food if you want, I refuse to eat this shit." Dekari spoke taking his eyes off his phone

"I can tell we're gonna be besties." I smiled.

__

"Hi mommy" I kissed her cheek

"Hey baby how was your day?"she said as she continued to season her chicken.

"It was good I was mainl-" I started to say but was rudely interrupted by my brother SONNÍ

"ARIANAAAAAAAAA"

"Sonni don't play with me." She hit his arm

"What are you even yelling for the door not even that far from the kitchen weirdo" I mugged him.

Sonni was my older brother but only by two years. He was the one who really convinced my mom to move back to Atlanta not only because she missed home but it could benefit him as well since he was following in our dad's footsteps with by being a producer. It really did work out in his favor.

"Sy'rai... don't start with me I'm in the mood to eat you up today."

"Oh baby please keep it cute cause you don't wanna go up you know how I get."

"Yeah you get to being a lil snitch anyways, momma what you cookin I'm strarvin." He rubbed his stomach.

"Fried chicken, green beans , and mash potatoes."she said as she started mashing the potatoes

"How was your day at school lil one" he pushed me a lil.
"Sonni, you got one more time but it was good like I was telling mommy before I was RUDELY interrupted."

"Well, here I got you something." He slid me a box and my mom smiled as I opened it.

"OMG SONNI, STOP PLAYIN, THIS IS NOT MINE!." I screamed as I saw keys to a KIA Stinger GT.

"It is Sy'rai go look" he laughed

He ain't said nothing but a word I rushed outside seeing a white Kia stinger with red interior I could really cry right now.

"Omg Sonni I love you." I cried hugging him.

"You're welcome, it's the least I can do."

I can tell I'm going to love Atlanta