Kindergarten

"Hi!”

The words that were so suddenly spoken startled Ferbie, causing him to almost knock his in-progress sand castle. He looked up and made eye contact with Fubble, a boy who was in his kindergarten class.

"Hi." Ferbie greeted sheepishly.

"What's your name?" Fubble queried. He started swaying on his feet back and forth.

"Ferbie." He was shoveling sand into a nearby bucket.

"That's stupid."

"Well, what's your name?" Ferbie stopped shoveling at this point and glared at Fubble.

"Fubble."

"Well that's stupid too." Ferbie patted the sand in the bucket and flipped it upside down onto the ground.

"No. It's cooler because it rhymes with bubble." Fubble stopped swaying and crossed his arms.

Ferbie scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Okay sure." He lifted the bucket and admired the castle he made.

Fubble glanced around the ground and skipped off. He came back and squatted beside Ferbie. "Here." He handed him a stick with a single red leaf attached to the end. "It's the flag."

Ferbie gently took the "flag" from Fubble. He plucked it on top of the middle tower. "Thank you." He smiled at Fubble before looking back to the castle.

"Can I play with you?" Fubble asked timidly.

"Sure! We can be co-kings!" He scooted over to give some room for his new friend to sit beside him.

"Cool!" Fubble sat and grabbed a nearby shovel. "Can you pass me that truck?"