Caught

Goddamn it, I was caught. How the fuck could've I let this happen? I was only suppose to be here for a few weeks and I got caught... But it was worth it, as long as that reporter got my email, it was all worth it, then he'll get it out to the public and then I'll get out of here and be with my family. After the guards knocked me out after all the senseless beating, they dragged me to a cell, it had a mattress, a blanket, and a toilet. Once I had woken up, I sat there, my knees to my chest, just trying to process everything that had happened. I rubbed my body, trying to release the pain I felt after all the beatings I had gotten, then the door clicked.

I snapped my head up, and tried pushing myself back closer into the corner. It was Jeremy, he came in with a smirk, looking behind him, telling whoever he was fine being alone with me. Once the door had shut closed, he turned back to me smiling, "Waylon, Waylon, Waylon, oh you stupid, stupid man. How could you do that? Was it me? Was it Murkoff? All you had to do was be QUIET, and now look where you're at."

I just stayed silent, staring up at him, his smiled disappeared for a second, before squatting down and quickly snatching my chin, "Now don't be shy Waylon!" He said loudly, yanking my head to his, "You weren't before when you were spewing information to outside sources..."

I gritted my teeth, " I don't care, it'll all be worth it the he exposes you sickos for what you are and releases the patients and sends you all to prison."

Jeremy put on an exasperated expression, covering his head, turning away, "Oh my God, Really? Prison? God, however will I survive, however will we deal with this problem?", then turned back to me with a spreading grin, and I felt taken back. He was like a predator, growing by the second, and I was shrinking next to him, "Oh I know, we'll simply just intercept the email, and STOP it."

I paled, " No..."

He smirked, chuckling, "Yessss, haha, aren't you suppose to be smart Park? Almost as soon as you sent that email, we saw it, and I had my people intercept it almost IMMEDIATELY. HAHAHAHA, it was all for nothing you stupid, little man. And now, you're stuck here, and will never leave. I'm going to have you committed, and you will stay here with me till the day you die."

"M-Me?"

He hummed, "Yes, you, those experiments that you're sickened by, well I've talked to our doctors and you seem like a prime candidate for SEVERAL experiments. Doesn't that sound like fun?"

I didn't answer, I stayed quiet, my stomach was making knots and it felt like I couldn't breathe. He took my chin again, it was more gentle and I shivered in disgust, "And you and I, will be spending more time together, dear Waylon".

I whipped my head away from his grasp, "Don't fucking touch me."

Jeremy was silent, and I felt my shoulder lightly quake, scared of what he would do. I'd rather get beaten than whatever he was insinuating. He just hummed a little, "Okay! I was going to say, if you agreed I'd give you special privileges over the other patients. Better food, better living, maybe even see your family before you die in a painfully, horrible way."

I whipped my head up to him, with wide eyes, and he was just coldly smiling at me, "Trust me Waylon, we get one of you hero tips every year or so, and the delicate type like yourself don't make it longer than a month. And yea, their wives or partners try to get them out, it's never happened. I think you should take me up on my request."

He left the cell, leaving me in a cold silence, wrapping myself in the blanket as it felt like it got 10 degrees colder in my cell.

I sat there, contemplating, not over his offer, but on how to get out of here. I could tell my wife what's going on here, but without any proof, I'd just look even more crazy, which wouldn't help my case. If what Jeremy said was true, I had to get out quickly, maybe there would be an opportunity for me to get out? Like a moment where they're not looking? Or an air duct for me to quickly climb into? Gah, it was hopeful thinking, but that's all I have left, a small silver of hope.