chapter 8

Riley's POV

"I want you to stayyyyyyyy" I slammed my hand on my alarm and sprung out of bed.

Hey at least I actually got out of bed today. My hands immediately reached for my clothes I picked last night and headed towards the bathroom.

I placed the clothes on the counter and hung up a towel to dry off with when I get out of the shower.

Once I was done in the shower I reached for my towel and dried off my body.

I pulled on my desired clothing attire and wrapped my hair up in a towel.

When I walked out I seen my suit cases weren't in the original placing.

A frown came across my face but then realization hit when I figured Jackson took them to the car.

I checked my phone for a minute before heading towards the restroom to fix my mess of a hair.

I plugged in the blow dryer and my hair slowly dried. After it was dry, which was a long process, I braided my hair in two french braids.

"RILEY LETS GO" My mother called from downstairs. "COMINGGGGGG" I screamed and ran down the steps.

We got in the car and I curled up in a blanket almost instantly falling asleep but to be soon woken up.

"Riley I need to ask you something" Jackson whispered to me.

I groaned and rolled over. "What" I snapped in response. "Geez just wondering if you were out late last night?" He questioned.

I squirmed in the seat for a minute. "No" it felt wrong to lie. "Mhmmmm okay" he smirked and turned around.

I couldn't sleep now so I texted taylor.

To: bandana boi

yo I'm bored text me ass face

I chuckled and sent it before laying down since it was too early for him to respond.

To my surprise it buzzed signaling a new text.

hey be nice or I won't respond next time :/

I quickly typed a response.

shut up, you're annoying

He didn't respond after that which I didn't expect him to since it was too early.

I locked my phone and placed it in the little cup holder and laid my head softly on my pillow.

"Wake me up when we're there" I mumbled. I curled up in my blanket and fell into a deep needed sleep.

Leah's POV

Ever since yesterday at school I feel like I'm missing something or forgot something.

Maybe it's my imagination making me feel this way? I could've sworn Riley told me she was going to talk to her brother behind the school.

This just doesn't add up. She passed out in class but she went to talk to her brother?

I'll just have to talk to her about it but she's probably asleep right now.

Maybe Jackson knows? I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

J- Jackson L- Leah

J- Hey Leah what's up?
L- Nothing it's just I have a question about yesterday
the line went silent
J- what's the question?
L- You know how Riley passed out in class yesterday?
J- Yes I was told...
L- Well I could've sworn she told me that she was going to the back of the school to talk to you
there was another dead pause
J- Because she did it was just family stuff no need to worry she came back to class
L- No I went after her I swear
J- Gosh damn it Leah! You didn't!
L- But I remember!
the line went dead

Seriously he hung up on me? There's obviously something going on and I'm getting to the bottom of it.

Hey I might not be active the next couple days because I go back to school

But I will post maybe two or more today? I don't know yet.