I prayed for you

"Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter."—Joseph Addison

Om: try not to fight with your brothers Aydin. Also if you don't want to cook anything, there is some money left on the kitchen counter for takeaway. Oh and please don't throw a party behind our backs.

Aydin: dad, when have I ever thrown a party behind your back?

Om: true...just make sure everyone is fine and alive and I'll let you know when you can come to the hospital.

Aydin: okay dad, is everything alright at the hospital?

Om: yeah, just your mother has threatened to divorce me.

Aydin: well....hopefully she doesn't actually divorce you.

Om: she won't. She's threatened me many times before, and yet we're still married.

Aydin: and you still somehow forgot your wedding anniversary almost every year.

Om: this conversation is over, look after Nishant and Saahir.

Aydin: bye dad, take care of mum and the baby.

Om: bye beta.

He cut the call and waited anxiously for the baby to come into the world, and for Gauri to be fine. He would have been in the delivery room with Gauri, but she kicked him out after deciding she did not want to see the man responsible for her pain whilst in labour.

An hour passed and as he waited anxiously, the nurse finally came out of the delivery room.

Om: nurse, how is my wife and child?

Nurse: they are both fine. We are just shifting your wife and daughter to another room then you can meet them.

Om: did you say daughter?

Nurse: yes I did Mr Oberoi. Your wife gave birth to a little girl.

Om was speechless as the nurse went back into the room. He always wanted a little girl, and now...now he finally had one. Minutes passed, and Om was soon led to the room Gauri and their daughter were in.

Om: hey Ri.

Gauri: hi.

Om: how are you?

Gauri: I'm fine, just really tired. Sorry for what I said in the delivery room.

Om: it's fine meri jaan, you were in pain and you have said much worse in labour before.

Gauri: true...anyway do you want to meet her?

Om nodded. Gauri signed him to look in the cradle next to her hospital bed. He went to the cradle and saw a tiny girl, wrapped up in a lilac blanket. He smiled as he gently lifted her up, supporting the little girl's delicate neck.

Gauri: I wanted you to be the first person to hold her.

Om smiled, his eyes watering up with happiness and joy.

Om: thank you jaan.

Gauri: you're welcome...by the way this is the last child we're having. You finally have a daughter which means we are not having any more.

Om: okay jaan, now I think you should get some rest. I'll call Andy in a bit to drive the kids here.

Gauri: okay.

She gave a tired smile as she closed her eyes to sleep. Om kissed her forehead, before looking back at the little angel in his arms. The baby girl slowly fluttered her eyes open, and Om got the first glimpse of her hazel eyes. Rich hazel eyes that were the radiating brown sun warmed with inner gold.