(My name is....)

My name is Caspian Hill, and I'm a criminal. At least that's what they told me when they threw me in this cell 2 years ago. They lied. I know why I'm really here, and it's all my parents fault.
They haven't even come to see me in the past 2 years. Not that I wanted them to. If I was a normal kid I would've have thought they got floated, but I know that's not true. I was put in to solitary confinement because they thought it was too dangerous to be in the public block considering how old I was. I thought that was bullshit. The only time I had met any of the other prisoners was when they made us take classes about earth survival of all things. Yeah, like we would ever see earth.
Now here I am lying on a cold metal slab or my "bed" as they called it. Waiting. Waiting for my next meal to be brought to me by a guard who only spares pitying glances at me. Or maybe I'm waiting till the guards drag me off to the air lock and maybe, just maybe, I'll be free.
         Of course you have a trial when you turn 18 but rarely does that mean for someone that you won't get floated. It's just a way they make themselves feel better about condemning the children to death. They wait till they're "adult's" to get rid of them and so that makes it so much better.
          Who knows maybe I will be free one day without having to be ejected out into space.