Chapter 1 - Where it all began

Where it all began.
I started liking this boy since last school year. It was when he became my partner in a class work.

I know, I know. It was just one time when I talked to him but I already liked him. Maybe not really like-like, at all, just a bit of a crush?
Okay, that came out like a question, sorry.

His name is James Copperald. I really found his last name kinda weird. But he is smart and friendly. That's all that I could say, I guess, considering I only talked to him just one time.

I am currently walking through the school hall. With a book in my hand and my bag in the other and also a starbucks drink. Everyone's kind of staring and I'm quite getting conscious but at the same time used to it. Ever since I stepped highschool everyone treats and look at me that way. But at least not like the way they're looking at me right now.

I am officially a senior today. First day for me is kinda intimidating, huh? I know, I know. I just wish Ashley would pull me away right no--
"You're here, finally. I missed you so much! And why is everyone looking at you like that? Did someone die? Or are you in trouble for something? Seriously Marie, I am your bestfriend, yet, you do not trust me with your problems. What is wrong with you?" Ashley looks mad. Seriously?

Okay, Ashley Duff, she is my bestfriend since the first day of highschool. And I swear she is really dramatic sometimes. I often wonder why she doesn't join drama club, she is good at it anyways. But I love her so much. She has been there with me through thick and thin, through heartbreaks, but that usually happens to her anyway. Shhh. Don't tell her, I told ya.

"Hey, Ash! I'm alright, okay? I missed you too. I don't know why they looked at me too. Maybe it was because 3 of our planes crashed last month? I don't know." Yes, our planes crashed. But that didn't make customers hate our airlines. Besides, no one dies during those three crashes, just harmed, i guess.

"Oh, I heard about that in the news. Anyways, let's gooo. First day of school, don't let those creepy, pity stares ruin your day" And just like that, she happily went through past these people, leaving me behind with MY drink with her. Gaaahh!

That's what I like about her. She doesn't treat me like I am spoiled and a richy-rich. I remember the conversation we had about these way back.
"Ashley, I am really thankful for having you as my friend" I hugged her while tears are streaming down my face. People are giving me so much hate even if I didn't do anything to them.
"Hey babe, I am here, okay? Always. They don't know you. They don't know how sweet and simple you really are. Maybe they're just envying you because you are living the life they don't have."
"Ash, don't say that. We all have equal life. It just so happen, I am living it right now."

"MAAAARRRRIIIEEE! ARE YOU COMING OR NOT?" Ashley is so hyper. I ran to her and grabbed my starbucks away from her again when she was about to sip on it. HAHAHA! I was stiffling a laugh when someone passed by me. It was James Copperald. Oh my goodness. Summer must have brought him a gift. He looks more good looking and his outfit style. 2 points for him!

"Marie, stop staring. You're so obvious" Tearing my look away from James to my friend. "You think so, Ash?" I shouldn't show my "liking" to James, at least not when everyone is staring at me too. "Trust me, I know so"

We went inside the classroom and I saw James with a friend. He is good looking too and his outfit is also on point. But I don't know him. I noticed I was kinda staring. So I turned to look at Ashley but she was busy finishing my drink. Typical Ash.

I looked back and look at James and his friend. But noticed that his friend was not with him. Uhm, okay?

I definitely should stop. So I faced front and saw James' friend, smiling at me.

"You know it is kinda rude to stare. But you did look cute doing that, so I don't mind." Then he chuckled.

This day couldn't get any better. Haaayyy!