Stalker-I

I walked slowly on the road, hands clutching the strap of my bag with my friends walking beside me.

It was a usual day. After doing tedious maths problem in the tuition, we were on our way to our homes.

"I need to buy a cake," Bri muttered all of the sudden, causing the six of us to stop.

She swiftly walked inside the cake shop while we waited outside.

"I have money but I am going to save it," Sia said, putting a hand over my shoulder.

"Same," I responded. I couldn't help but drool at the sight of the cakes(Not literally).

Bish, you are on diet!

I turned my eyes away to distract myself but soon saw one of my male classmates. Ben.

He was with his friend as they were standing outside a shop.

The sight of him reminded me of a joke and I was quick in telling that to my friends.

"Ben walks to school like this," I said with a laugh, copying his walk. "And goes to tuition like this," I added, lowering my head and taking small steps like him. "And-"

"Why are you noticing him so much, huh?" Sia wiggled her brows in a teasing manner.

"Oooooooo." Kyra joined in her banter.

"Something's fishy between Aish and Ben," Sia poked her finger in my cheeks and a smile made its way on my lips because I was flustered.

"Pig, is it my fault that he walks in the exact same direction as me? What am I supposed to do? Close my eyes," I fought back. No matter how flustered I was, I couldn't let them tease me over this when I am least interested in him.

Sia raised her brow. "Why does he walks in the same direction as you?

"Because he lives nearby, duh."

"MAYBE BECAUSE HE IS STALKING HER!" I covered my face with my hand to hide the embarrassment on my face.

She was shouting this when he was literally in the shop across us.

End me, please.

"Imagine if Aish marries him. Their kids will be toppers too since both of them are." Sia was in no mood to stop.

"We gotta keep an eye on him," She added, pointing at him. This Bitch-

I wanted to go home as fast as I could.

No sooner had Bri walked out of the cake shop than I dashed towards my way to home.

My friends were walking behind me, not leaving a single opportunity to embarrass me. Sia being the head shipper.

"Look, he is still walking nearby," One of them whispered.

"Aish, want me to set up your date with him?" Sia asked.

"Stop," I managed to mutter while I was dying in embarrassment.

Ben was literally behind them. God, bless them with a brain.

The sound of their teasing remarks, giggles and Oooos reached my ears, slightly annoying me.

"Guys, it's nothing like that!" I interjected.

"Okay, we will go inside the alley first and then turn back immediately. Let's see if he follows you or not," Sia suggested.

"Fine, I bet he won't," I agreed.

***

Just as we planned, we first went inside the alley and then turned away only to see Ben and his friend to enter the same alley.

That alley was our usual way to my home and so was his.

Sia was the only one left with me because the rest of them lived close to the tuition.

We walked outside the alley, taking the long route to our homes.

Sia looked back. "He isn't following."

"HA, told you," I mocked.

"He must be at the place where this route connects with the alley, I am telling you."

"Bless your delusional heart."

I smiled, feeling grateful that she couldn't tease me anymore and we walked in silence.

"Bye." She patted my shoulder before leaving for her home.

"Bye!" I waved at her.

Putting my hands inside the pockets of my jacket, I made my way to my destination.

Was he really stalking me?

Nah, these leeches are corrupting my mind.

As usual I strolled quietly, taking in the surroundings around me.

"FUCK-" I cursed under my breath.

This couldn't be real.

Ben was standing at the place where this route connected with the alley. He was busy, looking at his friend's phone.

I pretended not to see them as I took my phone out to use it as a form of distraction. A weird feeling of anxiety sent shivers to my spine.

It was just a coincidence,

.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.

Or was it?