ch. 2

rutoya

january 26

8:56 pm

'she didn't come in today.'

'maybe it was only a one-time thing.'

'or maybe i scared her away.'

-

lee iseul

january 27

8:54 am

"shit," she muttered, looking at the time. 'i'm so late. i'm going to look so stupid walking in late.'

iseul ran into the bathroom, splashing water on her face to wake her up. she quickly brushed her teeth and hair— initially she started doing it at the same time but felt the attempt to multitask slowed her down. she tied her hair into a messy bun and hurriedly put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

she slid on her socks and as she was putting on her shoes, she accidentally dropped one of them, hitting the floor with a loud thud. "can you keep it down," a voice in front of iseul groaned. it was her roommate, and long time friend, haneul. iseul knew haneul had no morning classes so she was able to sleep in.

"i'm late, my bad it's hindering your beauty sleep." iseul sarcastically replied, haneul chuckled and rolled over in her bed to look at iseul. "you look like a hot mess. at least go to class fashionably late."

iseul rolled her eyes, "as if." grabbing her backpack, she made sure to pack her laptop, phone, notebook, and pencil case. 'oh yeah, i should probably take my charger,' iseul remembered, shoving it into her backpack.

"i'll see you later, loser." iseul said while she walked out the door.

"says the one who's late to her cla—" the door closed before haneul could finish her sentence, but she knew the message came across.

-

9:40 am

iseul was only 25 minutes late to class, but she did look stupid walking in late while the professor was giving a lecture. she made sure to sit down quickly and took notes. she felt her phone buzzing in her pocket, while still listening to the professor, she took her phone out to see if it was important.

as she opened it, notification saying "low battery 10% of battery remaining" popped up. 'ugh. i thought i charged it last night.' she complained in her head.

she reached into her backpack and felt around for the wire of her charger. when she didn't feel it she opened up her bag more and thoroughly looked through it. 'why is it not here? i literally put it in here.' she ever checked the small pockets on the outside of the bag, her charger nowhere to be found.

she clicked off on the low battery notification and checked the initial one she got, it was from haneul.

hahahaneul: your charger is on the ground by the door

hahahaneul: did you mean to leave it there

hahahaneul: i know it's yours it has the red tape at the end of it

'damnit. it probably slipped out of my bag when i was walking out the door,' iseul cursed in her head as she read haneul's texts.

hahahaneul: i know you're reading my texts dumb bitch

hahahaneul: ob wait you're in class sorru

hahahaneul: oh*

hahahaneul: sorry*