entangled in joseon; part six

it was time for the banquet.

"princess, you look majestic."

hyojung commented, placing the last piece of jewelry on her hair, making byulyi face the mirror after tinting her cheeks pink.

"majestic?" byulyi bashfully lets out a laugh, letting hyojung hold her shoulders from behind, nodding. "you are beautiful."

byulyi giggled softly at her court maid's compliment, shaking her head. "i am quite wondering how royal guard kim will react upon seeing you." hyojung teasingly whispers, seeing how her cheeks that were pink from the rose blush have turned thicker from her natural flushed expression.

"he will not see me, he's with the king for the banquet preparation." she murmurs, as hyojung smiles, "i am quite uncertain of that, princess."

she shakes her shoulders, standing up on cue as the two of them pans their head towards the door of her room.

"you are here!" hyojung greeted, rushing towards the door.

to byulyi's surprise, she heard his voice.

"very early, if i will add."

seokjin's voice resonated through the room, making hyojung and giggle, as byulyi stiffens, quickly checking if her lips are tinted right and if her hair looks pretty.

"good morning, royal guard kim, i am in hurry for the errands in the banquet, please fetch your princess." hyojung teasingly, and hurriedly greeted him, scrambling off from the room to leave the two inside.

seokjin could only stay silent as soon as the doors closed, seeing the second princess all dressed up for the banquet.

he wasn't able to tell her anything.

he remained silent, eyes maneuvering over her as if she's a sacred sculpture, too fragile to even touch.

it's more than majestic.

byulyi is radiating, and seokjin is so close to being blind. the royal guard could only clear his throat, whispering. "you're up early."

byulyi smiles softly, telling him. "i need to get ready for this banquet."

seokjin bashfully smiles, sliding across her table to see her face up close. when she rose her head to look at him straight in the eyes, he can't help but swoon deep inside his heart.

"wow, you're so beautiful."

seokjin absent-mindedly whispers, taking her breath away from his compliment, making her freeze over the moment, before awkwardly clearing her throat, forbidding her smile to grow.

just when she's about to tell him something, both of them were interrupted with a loud yell.

"second princess, are you ready!?"

seokjin held his breath in annoyance, squeezing his eyes shut as the second princess breaks into a laugh, covering her mouth as she responded. "just a few moments, royal guard kim!" she yells, hearing seokjin murmur under his breath. "i have been regretting that i am in the same clan with him."

byulyi lets out a faint chuckle, shaking her head. "he is very charming, do not say that." she rose from her seat.

"very charming that i want to preserve him under the lake." he curses softly, sliding his sword back in its place as byulyi smiled, tilting her head before taehyung slid the door open.

"pr- oh." taehyung pauses, seeing seokjin sitting across her table, looking back at him.

"wah, you look very beautiful, princess." taehyung commented, bowing down to byulyi as she smiles, motioning him to join their conversation after thanking him. "i have been searching for you since morning." taehyung complains softly, sitting beside seokjin as byulyi rose her brow, sitting back with them.