BONUS.original-draft-1

xu minghao was having a dilemma. a problem. an issue, if you may. what was that dilemma? every day, he would set his eyes upon wen junhui, one of the most popular boys in his school. the problem? not only was he as straight as a linear relation, he was also as homophobic as companies on july 1st. and that was the issue.

as much as minghao wanted to just walk up to the boy and kiss him, it would mean that he would be taunted, bullied, and harassed.

how did he know? because it happened to him.

"hey, minghao, you wouldn't mind coming over and sucking my dick for me, would ya?" one of junhui's friends called out to him, making the rest of the group erupt into laughter.

it was quite embarrassing for minghao. one of the boys in that group had overheard him coming out to his closest friend, wonwoo, and released the information to his friends.

by the third day, the entire school knew that minghao was gay. sadly, there were less allies at the school than, well, homophobes, so it was quite unfortunate.

on one particular day, junhui's little gang had taken time out of their day to... beat up minghao. if that wasn't the worst it could get, they also called him the one thing you shouldn't call a gay person, as well as making offensive comments similar to the first one.

once they had finally left, minghao slid down the wall, a cry escaping his throat. tears rolled down his cheeks, and he buried his head in his hands.

eventually, minghao felt as though there was someone near him. call it a sixth sense if you must, but he wiped at his tears and looked up.

standing there was wen junhui, a hand extended to the other boy.

minghao sniffled, wiping at his nose with his sleeve before taking junhui's hand into his own.

***

this was the first original draft. well, it's a quick summary. what was supposed to happen next was that junhui would defend him, but only in private. there would be some inner conflict with himself before he would confess to minghao, but they would keep their relationship a secret so yeah