Our Lord Barbatos (Venti Angst Oneshot)

"...He will tear your city down, oh lay oh lai oh lore!" Venti and Kaeya belt the last line and collapse into a pile of wine stained laughter onto each other.

Diluc grimaces over the bar at the drunken duo.

Barbatos, the great God of Freedom and Anemo, trashed in his bar. For what reason do we believe in the Archons and their great power, if this is what they eventually become.

Venti and Kaeya had been drinking themselves into a stupor for a large majority of the day. Kaeya, his one day off in who knows how long, had been planning this with Venti for a while now. And now, here they sit, drunk and giggling.

Diluc is fed up. He's seen the horrors of what his people had gone through at the absence of their so called "god". He slams a wine bottle down onto the counter, jolting Kaeya and Venti enough to look at Diluc through bleary, alcohol dazed eyes.

"You," Diluc said, stabbing a finger at Venti.
Venti gulps, weakly pointing at himself. Kaeya allows himself to watch Diluc closely, praying that he's not about to do what he thinks he is.

"Yes, you. Our so called "Archon of Wind". You need to get the hell out of my bar, right now. And do not return for one month. Get out, Venti." Diluc says, staring into Venti's eyes like a million molten hot daggers. Kaeya stays cool.

"Diluc, what's the matter? We're just having fun," he says. Diluc shoots him a glare, telling the drunken Cavalry Captain to either mind his own business or get kicked out along with the phony "god", with only his eyes. One periwinkle eye narrows at his brother.

Venti's eyes begin to well with tears, largely blamed on his blood alcohol levels.

"Have I done something, Diluc?" Venti asks. Something inside Diluc snaps. Reaching over the counter, he yanks the Bard up to his face by his collar, and begins screaming at him.
"NO, Venti. You're supposed to be our GOD, and here you sit DRINKING ALL DAY WITH KAEYA. You are USELESS, and NOBODY should be praying to YOU, clearly you're to busy drinking my entire store of wine instead of answering prayers and helping your CHILDREN, as you'll never let us forget. So no, you haven't done anything, and that is exactly the problem. So get the HELL out of my bar. You're worse than the Knights of Favonius." And with that, unceremoniously drops Venti back to the stool. Venti is stunned for a moment, until Kaeya stands and yanks Diluc by his own collar.

"Now you listen to me, and you listen good, Diluc. That is your god, the very reason that we are all here, who you've just VERY LOUDLY disrespected in front of ME. He also happens to be one of the only reasons that your bar is even still OPEN. You're free to have whatever opinions of the Archons that you want, but you keep them to YOURSELF. Need I remind you, that you were once a Knight yourself!?" Kaeya hollers, gripping Diluc's lapel so tight that his knuckles pale. He hissed the next part directly into Diluc's ear.

"Disrespect Venti or the Knights publicly like that again, and I will PERSONALLY see that your bar is permanently closed and Dawn Winery is run out of Mondstadt. Tread lightly." He shoves Diluc back harshly, causing Diluc to stumble. Never breaking eye contact, and raises his wine glass to his lips. He polished off the rest in one gulp, and slams the wine glass back down on the counter so hard that the base of it shatters.

"Let's get you home, Venti. Leave the has been out of your thoughts." Kaeya says, glaring so hard that he's not entirely convinced flames wouldn't sear into Diluc. Venti wordlessly rises to his feet, and leaves a large bag of Mora on the counter. Before Kaeya's fully out the door, he turns to Diluc.

"You watch how you speak about the Archons or the Knights of Favonius in my presence, Ragnvindr. I'm sure you haven't forgotten what I'm capable of?"

*click*
The door shuts behind them.