chapter 04. 'a little love and a hell lot of memories'

"It's just that - this isn't what I expected a military base to be like"

"What did you expect it to be like?" Jack asked teasingly.

"I expected it to be more - posh?" she said unsure, "I means, that's what all the paper show"

"The papers show where the officers work - we're just lowly pilots" said Jack.

"Lowly" scoffed Ginny, "You're the ones risking your lives - not them"

"Isn't that the truth" Jack said, grinning at Ginny. Ginny raised an eyebrow at him, it seemed to be her signature move.

"I get that you two are having a moment - but can we carry on?" asked Pearce, and Jack jumped, his cheeks reddening.

"We're not having a... a -"

"A moment" Ginny finished, smiling at him.

"So they say" said Potter sarcastically.

"We're going out for drinks tonight, you wanna come Ginger?" PEarce asked.

"No, Hermione warned me I have to be home on time - and not run off with any handsome piolets" Ginny laughed, "And I do have plenty off options."

-

"Lovely" said Jack sarcastically, looking out the window at the chucking it down rain.

"I just heard it on the radio" said Ginny, walking into his room where they were all sitting, "There are no trains out of Tangmere tonight, because of the weather"

"So you're staying the night?" Weasley asked

"No Ron, i'm going to walk back to London" replied Ginny snappily.

"I'm sure Powell would let you stay the night" said Potter, "You can have my room and me and Ron could share"

"However chivalrous that is of you Potter, she can't" said Farrier, sounding far to happy for something so... well not happy, "It's against protocol - something we're following much more closely now we're active"

"Yay" said Ginny sarcastically, "Any cheap boarding nearby?"

"Yeah, there's this place where some of the lads lasses stay on weekends, just around the corner next to the pub" piped Jack.

"Thats very useful, considering my lack of knowledge about Tangmere" said Ginny, turning to him and smiling.

"Yeah, forgot about that" he replied sheepishly, rubbing at his neck.

"Let's all go for a pint, and then Collins can show Ginny to the house" said Pearce, giving Jack a cheeky wink when Ginny turned away from him.

"Surely Potter or Weasley should show her the boarding house, and we really shouldn't be going out in the rain just for a drink" said Farrier moodily.

"Ah it's not just any drink though, it's a drink with the incredible Ginny Weasley" laughed Pearce, characteristically not reading Farrier unprovoked annoyance at Ginny.

"And I'd like if Jack showed me, considering he has such a... good knowledge where the house is" added Ginny, giving Farrier a not so hidden side eye.

And fuck if Collins didn't realise what Potter and Weasley meant when they'd say she was scary as shit.

-