Day Before The Premiere

"Mom yeh raat ki goli aur yeh subah leni hai, theek hai? Aur maine Neetu ko bol diya hai woh yaha rahe thode din-" Sidharth entered blabbering into Maa's room.

"Oyee, 2 week ke liye ja raha hai itni kyun tension le raha hai aur Shehnaaz bhi toh hai yeha."Maa interrupted, sating him down while running her hands through his hair.

"But uska shoot hai na,toh aap akeli kaise rahogi?" Sidharth stated anxiously.

His mom was an warrior, the strongest women he had ever seen and he knows she's more than capable to take care of herself for a few days, but he was still that little Sidharth who needed his mom 24/7.

"Mujhe jaane ka maan nahi hai."Sidharth said grumpily.

It had only been few months he came back from that hell of a house, although it made him stronger emotionally and gave him his goofball but still it was tough in their without his family. He absolutely despised that channel because they tricked him into signing a year contract with him for shows. He didn't think much of it in the beginning as he was grateful and thought of it as a payback, but they did nothing but tried to put him down every single time. But he wasn't scared nor image conscious this time, he was just...homesick.

"Bakwas mat kar saara din toh waise bhi sota hi rahega waha senior ka bahana deke." Maa teased him to make him feel better because let's face it, she's gonna miss him way more than he would but she won't tell him that, because that would just make it harder for him.

"Jaldi uth ke nahale nahi toh khana nahi milna aur Shehnaaz ka bhi shoot khatam hojayega na in an hour? Hayee baachi dopher ko khake bhi nahi gayi thi kyuki late horaha tha. Usko pick karne nahi jaana?" Maa reminded Sidharth, and boy oh boy did he ran to his bathroom..a little less for Shehnaaz as there was still an hour to spare but more for food, cause who would want to miss out on Maa's delicious handmade food.

...

Sidharth was on his way to pick Shehnaaz up from her shoot. He parked his car on the side park so no one could really spot him. He picked up his phone and dialled the most recent tag. The call was received right on the second ring.

"Hello bebo pohach gaya, abhi 5 minute mein khatam hojayega. Aaj pata hai Shreya di lunch laana bhool gayi isiliye maine unke saath lunch share kiya. Maa ke haath ke Sabudana Khichdi thi. Mujhe pura khaana tha par maine share kiya unke saath nahi toh bhooki rehti nah bechari hayee. Hello? TU SUN RAHA HAI.. HELLO?" She kept on blabbering without even giving him a chance to speak.

Shreya was the light girl on the set and Shehnaaz has seemed to grow fond off her. She even made her speak to Sidharth on the phone. As much as anyone would find this annoying, Sidharth loved it because this is how she was. She was nice to everyone and anyone around her and that only makes him fall for her more.

"Abbey haan meri maa sun raha hoon. Tu pehle chillana band karegi tabhi main bol paunga na. Aur main peeche wali gate mein hoon. Tu shoot khatam karke wahi aajana." He said feigning annoyance,trying to mess with her.

"Hayee aise kyun bol raha hai..mujhe laga tu shayad lehra hogaya hai." she said ever so innocently.

"Lehra nahi behra hota hai bey. Tu abhi chup chap shoot khatam karke bahar aa. Aake call karna main gaari samne leke aaunga phir, samjhi Mrs.Lehri." He scoffed laughingly.

"Baadi hassi aarahi haina? Teri hassi nikalti hoon mein aake. Ruk tu aaj." and with that she ended the call.

And this is what exactly Sidharth needed after a day of overwhelming anxiety, her! He knew she's there for him and would make him feel like home no matter wherever they are and honestly that's why he has been sulking all day. Because he would miss that. He's gonna miss messing with her, miss her pulling his leg in front of their family, miss them sneaking into the kitchen at 2 am, miss their family movie nights, he would miss his family, which includes her.

...

Around 5, it started pouring and the clouds hovered over the sky. Shehnaaz pulled out her cellphone from her bag to inform him that she's at the gateway, but then she saw his car parked there already. Slowly a window rolled down and there he was, 6ft of rugged handsomeness. He was waving at her with all teeths on display. He was adorable, Shehnaaz conducted! He thought she would smile back but to his dismay, she still remembers his leg pulling.

Making up a mind to not stretch the juloos session for too long but still long enough so he would have to manaofy her, she deposited her phone into her new Lady Dior Bag in Cherry Red Patent. Shehnaaz fell in love with the bag the moment she saw it at the mall but she was two minded about getting it as it was a lot overpriced for just being a bag. But somehow Sidharth convinced her into it saying she deserved a little spoilage because of how hard she works. So she gifted herself the bag and can't help but carry it the days she puts on cherry red lipstick, which is almost everyday.

She sprinted towards the car cause it was raining heavily and she didn't have an umbrella on herself, owing to the fact that Mumbai weather was unpredictable. She quickly got in, as the door was already unlocked and he held it open for her.

As soon as she got in she heard him say, "Kaisa gaya shoot aaj moti baby ka?" ever so sweetly. But it wasn't gonna make her "anger" melt away.

She pushed his hand away which was still holding the door open subconsciously and close the door with a bang.

"OYEE!! Don't hurt my baby." Sidharth gasped and ever so softly caressed his steering wheel. His car was the love of his life, after Shehnaaz, of course!

"Haan yehi teri baby, phir mujhe baby bulaya na toh chittar marungi. Kutta kahika." Shehnaaz spoke in her thick punjabi accent which by the tone he knew he was in trouble. But that didn't stop him from admiring his cute little baby.

She wore a light yellow kurta with cream coloured leggings and to top it off she accessorised her head with a purple headband. A laugh escaped his mouth seeing her not so colour coordinating fit. She looked so adorable,her hair had little droplets of water from the rain that happened to pour a little less than before now.

She watched as he bought his hand upto her hair and before she knew, her headband was off and he had absolutely wobbled any once of water of her head, resulting it to turn it into a bird nest.

"YEH KYA KIYA BEY, MERE PYAARE BAL!" Shehnaaz cried out trying to comb it back with her hand.

"Bal thode ulaz jaye toh kuch nahi hoga lekin tereko thand lag jati hai easily phir bimar hojati na, baby!" He tried to explain before she rip off all of his hair for doing what he just did.

"Toh pyaar se karta." Shehnaaz pouted letting go off all her juloos niklaoying plan. She saw him physically let a breath out that made Shehnaaz chuckle. But he did look tired and anxious at the same time . She knew he was reluctant to go and she would've asked him to stay back if it wasn't so important.

She leaned forward and peck his forehead lovingly, and saw his whole face light up. That's what she did to him. She makes his day, just with her existence, EVERYDAY.

He then held her right hand with his free left hand, pulled it up, and gave a sweet little kiss to it. He placed their entangled hand on his lap and steered the wheel with his right, while she played some comical bhojpuri song on the car stereo she stumbled on last week "unintentionally" and danced to it all way home and with that he knew he was gonna be okay.

Because he got her by his side. His gadhi.

...

Can't believe it's already been 2 years since they came live. It hurts, but memories can stay alive forever if one wants them to. I am no biggie and so is my extremely poor writing skills. But still here's a bit of my love to the people I loved so dearly and will continue doing so, my SidNaaz, with my twist of not so realistic One Shots on their life. #SidNaazForever ❤️