Part VII

When Eren woke again, his Titan body was deteriorating and he managed to squeeze his way out of the form, finally back to his human consciousness and body. His eyes drifted to Mikasa who was still asleep on his decomposing Titan form and after the initial shock at the sight faded, he remembered what had transpired while he was a Titan.

He took a few moments to climb up his form and nudge the girl, but she refused to budge.

Mikasa was always a light sleeper, waking at the drop of a pin or at the slightest sign of trouble. However, whenever he was around, she would be out like a light.

He reckoned if he moved a few meters away, Mikasa would wake from her sleep and follow him, as she always did, but somehow, looking at her tranquil body and her small, pursed lips letting out soft huffs of breath into the night air, he couldn't bring himself to do that.

Trying not to disturb her, though there was no way Mikasa was actually able to sleep through that, he managed to maneuver her body onto his back and he gripped the undersides of her thighs with his hands, heaving her up to wrap her legs around him. She fit comfortably against him, and letting out a pleasant sigh, she wrapped her arms around his neck, her hands hanging loosely in front of him. Eren took a moment to adjust the flower crown on her head, fitting it so that it wouldn't fall off when they moved.

Before he left the sylvan scene, where he took much of his frustration out on, he took a minute to look down at the dirt beside his diminished Titan form.

Right there was the culmination of all his determination and diligence. Sure, it wasn't what Hange and Levi were hoping for, but to Eren, it was so much better.

Everything he spent the past day and night trying to accomplish, pouring his heart into, was laid out in front of him on the forest floor.

Just one more glance, Eren kept telling himself; he tightened his grip on the dozing Mikasa, his inspiration and muse, but he couldn't bring himself to leave as unbridled delight and pride filled every part of his body.

One more look at his Titan masterpiece before he headed back to the cabins.

One more look at his work of art.

The biggest piece of his heart.

There, written in crude lettering, but still legible to the human eye, was the name: Mikasa.

ミカサ

***

Author's Note: And then they confessed their feelings for each other and lived happily ever after. Yep, that's how the story ends folks... *sobs in a corner*

I hope you enjoyed my fic!