The Stuff You Were Never Meant to See - Part 2

Hey, guys, I'm back with part two. I hope you enjoy it :D
Again, bold face is me giving a little bit of information, and line breaks are new scenes.

Due to Louise's awkward, original position, her injuries were also a bit different. Of course, in order to keep her stuck at the halfway point, the well was originally smaller, as well. Again, most parts that ended up the finished story have been removed:

The room would look like a typical hospital room were it not filled with state-of-the-art equipment; most of the monitors and machines were surrounding the bed, lying in which was Louise, sleeping soundly.

   "Louise!" Linda gasped, rushing over to her child and hugging her tightly. Louise had been cleaned up and now the only marks visible on her face and arms, which were still grey, were some bruises and scrapes. A small cylindrical cushion was underneath her neck so that her head did not rest fully on the pillow. A bandage was wrapped around her head, a large band-aid, barely visible, over her right eyebrow. Her collarbone, visible in her hospital gown, was bruised on the right side. A patch of dressing was taped over her left elbow. She already looked very different to the rescue videos they had seen of her.

Bob could see the outline of what appeared to be a cast under the blanket, confirming that Louise did indeed have a broken leg. Her right arm was in a sling, and there were IVs in both of her arms, snaking under the sling, at the end of which peeked out another patch of dressing over the right elbow. There was a catheter inserted into the right side of her neck, covered by a small patch of dressing and connected to two more tubes, which were hooked up to a machine next to her bed, which was covered in wires, pumps and dials. Electrodes attached to a heart monitor, which was beeping steadily, were stuck on her chest.

...

   "Tell us - is she going to be okay?" Bob asked, turning to Robin.

   "As of now, her condition is critical but stable," she began professionally. "She has a broken leg, and a circulation problem could develop in future; she also has a broken clavicle, hypothermia, a grade three pressure wound on the back of her head, where we believe it was pressed against the well; she also has more grade three pressure wounds; on her left knee, and a few on the shin; we believe they were also pressed against the well. The wounds became infected, and she has contracted septicaemia. She is also severely dehydrated. When she arrived, her kidneys were shutting down, so she's been put on dialysis. If the dialysis treatments are unsuccessful, Louise will possibly have to have a kidney transplant. She is also malnourished, so we are feeding her intravenously; her muscles have been breaking down, due to non-use, so we are giving her treatment for that. Her right hip was strained when she was pulled out, causing a minor tear of the femoral ligament. She also has scrapes and bruises here and there, but nothing severe and she won't need any stitches."

Bob stared at the nurse, not able to believe what he was hearing. Suddenly, Louise seemed to look in worse shape than she had all night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was a small scene of the rescue from Louise's perspective:

She was so tired. She was hungry, thirsty, and cold. She had lost all feeling in her left leg some time ago, and now that the drills had temporarily stopped, her ears were ringing.

   "Don't worry, Louise," came that voice from above her. "It won't be long before you're out." She did not answer. There was nothing she could do.

She could move her fingers, sometimes scratching her face in the process, and she could bend her right leg about two or three inches, and she could move her left foot slightly. Well, she used to be able to do all this stuff; now she was too weak. She used to be able to wiggle her toes, but if she was able to now, she couldn't feel it. She could not move her head at all, and her left thigh was pressed alongside her body, making the already small, tight space even smaller. Her shoulders and torso filled the circumference of the well, doing a fine job of keeping her in place, as was her bent up knee.