Chapter 3

I went downstairs onto the computer to check my Facebook; nothing had changed apart from my boyfriend's relationship status which crushed me. I froze. My heart seemed to shatter and the voices came back. I told myself to get a grip and I said Goodnight to my mother as I ran upstairs. I climbed into bed and cried myself to sleep. I loved him, I mean I still do.

At 8:00am I woke up, Mother was making bacon sarnies as I was going over Dad's as it was his birthday. I got into my Dad's favourite dress and slipped into my tights, these were the only pair I had which didn't have ladders in.
As I got downstairs Mother put my bacon sarnie in front of me with my meds and coffee again, the kitchen stank of bacon, which wasn't a bad smell.
After I had finished that lovely breakfast I wrapped up my Dad's presents a bottle of his favourite whisky and some strawberry bonbons as neat as I could with some silver gift wrap.
I was so excited to see my Dad, after all these months.

At 9:01 I walked to my Dad's house with my Mother, we were so happy to see each other.  I gave him his presents and he held me close.
Sunday dinner was cooking in their new Bosch oven with all the trimmings; I was having dinner with him and his partner, Stefanie.
My Dad gave me a gift bag with some chocolate and a Bliss magazine, my favourite. I haven't had chocolate in months, literally.
'Thank You Daddy,' I mumbled.
A few hours on after we had a bit of quality time we had roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, broccoli, carrots, roast potatoes and roast parsley. Stefanie makes the worst gravy though; I like the thick stuff that warms up your soul. It was nice as we had sticky toffee pudding afterwards, my favourite. My Dad always knows how to cheer me up!

Mother picked me up at 20:30 and I said Happy Birthday to Dad and we walked home in the cold wispy air which wrapped around your ankles. But you could still smell the fresh bread by the nearby bakery. I was feeling great but I had to go back to the unit tomorrow...

When we got through the front door I got a strawberry and banana smoothie and got into bed, I decided to read a couple of chapters from my new book.
It was a great book until I fell asleep with it open and forgot to take my meds.
'He had warned her about the book. Now it was too late.'
I woke up in a different world. I could smell death, there was an awfully bad vibe and all I could hear were whispers but I couldn't quite make out what they were saying...

I was standing on a boggy marsh beside a murky pond of shadows, what was this place?
This was worse than the unit. Goosebumps ran down my neck and covered my body, beads of sweat formed above my eyebrow, this is impossible.
It felt like my soul had been saturated from my body.
A minute later I got onto sturdier land so I didn't get my shoes dirty. I walked towards the only source of light because I thought I might find some help. I screamed. There was a brief gust of wind but nothing else happened.
Emerging from the darkness was a beautiful rabbit which led me to a small, rundown shack where I sat on a broken table. All of a sudden I went into a trance, I saw colours, flashing lights, and I felt so nauseous.
I blanked out and I couldn't wake myself up, I think I'm dying...