Fiction

Author's Note: This isn't a one shot, nor is this a full story. This is how I imagined it must have been in those first few days after Jimmy passed away for Avenged Sevenfold and their families. I hope you guys enjoy reading this, feel free to let me know what you think :)

Warning, though, it is kinda sad... and pretty long for only being one part.

Disclaimer: I do not own Avenged Sevenfold, but the plot is my own.

-foREVerADeathbat

--------------------

December 28, 2009

Finished. Finally.

Matt had played a good game. He hadn’t won the golfing tournament, but he got third place, and it wasn’t even one that mattered, anyway. What mattered was Duffing for Dollars, a charity event he and Zacky had been invited to take part in, and that wasn’t for a couple more months.

He was driving back to Huntington from Lancaster, cruising down the interstate at a solid 60 miles per hour, and even then he wouldn’t get back home for two more hours. But he didn’t mind. He had the radio on and was listening to bands he had toured with, bands whose members he loved to hang out with.

Matt did, however, find it a relief when his phone started ringing, Val’s name flashing across the screen. It’d be good to have someone to talk to, to take his mind off of the long trip ahead of him.

“Hey, babe.” He said, answering the phone. He was met with sobs, wrenching, horrible sobs, that instantly caused his stomach to seize.

“M-Ma-Mattie!” Val blubbered, voice sounding sore and weak. She continued to talk, but Matt couldn’t make out a word, and he interrupted her.

“Shhh, shh, baby, calm down! I can’t understand you. What’s going on?”

There were sniffles and hiccups as Val tried to pull herself together. “I-It’s J-Jim… Oh, god, Matt, it’s Jimmy!”

Matt’s heart beat a little faster, and he asked, “Is he okay? Did he get hurt? Val, you’re hysterical, what’s happened?” His mind was racing. Was he in jail? Had he done something so awful that Val had to call him in hysterics?

“Jimmy’s dead, Matt!” she cried, “Jimmy’s fucking dead!”

Matt’s tires screeched as he slammed on his brakes, swerving into the emergency lane and pissing off the people behind him.

“W-What?” he asked, his voice hardly a whisper.

“Leana w-went to his house this morning and he-he was d-d… he passed away on-on the couch in the living room.”

“Are-Are you sure?” Matt didn’t know if he could believe Val. She wasn’t one to play jokes, and she sounded serious, but how could Jimmy be dead? He had been alive and well twelve hours ago. They were at Matt Berry’s wedding reception.

He was just met with whimpers and sniffles, and his phone landed somewhere underneath the console as it fell from his hand. He pressed his face into his hands, leaning over the steering wheel as he began to scream.