CHAPTER 1

AZCHEID

AZCHEID

It was already 5 in the afternoon when I came home. I was tired from a long day at school and feels even tired remembering that I have to work at 7. I tossed my bag at the sofa and sat down, resting my back.

My brother, Eldrich, suddenly came out of his room. His eyes are half-asleep, maybe he just woke up from a nap. He was not shocked to see me here since he was used to my schedule. The moment his eyes laid on me, he smiled at me and so did I.

"I thought you're going home late, Ate. There's food in here, you can eat it if you are hungry." He spoke. He walked towards the comfort room so I minded my own business for a while.

"I am good, Eldrich. I have no appetite to eat for today." I took my shoes and socks off, tossed them aside and rested my back once again. I heard the door of the comfort room opening and closing again.

"Is Levina home?" I asked. He did not answer in the first few minutes so I opened my eyes and looked at him. He just let out a sigh and scratched the back of his head.

I gave him the biggest smile that I can give him and told him to stay inside his bedroom. He followed my command swiftly without asking any questions about it. I took my phone and checked if there was an unread message from Levina, nor my Mom or Dad but I just expected nothing.

I went inside my room and closed the door. There, I saw a bunch of pictures, which always welcomes me whenever I enter my own room. Photos of our family, my Mom and my Dad together with my siblings, are still in the middle of the wall. Some pictures of me and Eldrich are around that big family picture, there are a few pictures of me and Levina but it is not that much. I can see pictures of me alone, and most are pictures of me and my grandfather.

On the other side, there are pictures of levida c., who have been my friends since highschool. I knew them because of an organization we once joined and eventually became friends, staying by each other's side during highschool. When college came, that's when the group separated.

Some of them study their degree at De La Salle University, those are Grammarie and Erirych. Both of them study nursing, but Grammarie said she will focus on pediatrics once she finishes her degree. Trixanah, Davriashi, Mistica, and Mariesa are at University of the Philippines– Diliman. While me, Kionna, and Jamacied studies at our alumna, Technological University of the Philippines. On the other hand, Naviena took her nursing course at University of Santo Tomas while Elyse and Missty are currently studying at Mapua University.

Among all of my friends, the only person I really trust all my life is Grammarie. We share the same thoughts and expressions with everything, and it makes me really wonder why our personalities clicked in just a snap.

I am clearly having fun reminiscing the memories I had with them not until my eyes laid on the other part of my room.

Yeah right, this is included with the memories.