Chapter 9

Agostino allowed me to walk around the home. I knew that I couldn’t leave, and escaping seemed to be impossible. Trust me; I tried running out the front door, and then the back door, and then the other back door, but each time, I never got as far as a foot outside the door before I would see security standing rigidly by the doors, guarding the home. I spent most of my time sitting in Agostino’s room, unable to find the energy to carry out my day or get out of bed. Today was the first time in a week that I decided to leave Agostino’s room and not be the sex slave that’s always just there for his pleasure. 

I sighed as I wrapped my arms around my midsection and stepped into the third kitchen of the home. The kitchen staff moved about with purpose, and when I entered the room, most of them left, leaving behind the chef who held her hands behind her back. The chef did an almost-bow in my direction- much like all the other chefs had done in the previous kitchens. I pursed my lips, smiling awkwardly at the action, “can I get something to drink?” I asked her as I stood at the entrance, taking slow steps into the kitchen. 

She nodded her head, “freshly squeezed juice, freshly made lemonade, grape juice, iced coffee, latte? Which drink would be to your taste?” she asked me. 

“Erm, lemonade, please,” I croaked out, trying to think about what it was that I wanted to drink even though I wasn’t really thirsty, I just wanted to have something to do, to prolong me having to go back to Agostino’s bedroom. I looked away from her and around the kitchen. It was large, much like a lot of this home, and much like the other kitchens it was an all white with flat panel cabinets and concrete countertops and floors. It was bright and beautiful and it looked straight out of a magazine. There was not a spot of dirt or dust on any surface. 

The kitchen had a glass wall, one that allowed you the perfect view of the outside. However, people from the outside couldn’t see anything inside the home. Most of the house was like that and it gave the house a nice touch since the outside of Agostino’s home was beautiful with lush lawns, that sprawled far and wide, with views of the mountains in the distance and whichever room you were in, you got an HD view of the sunrise and sunset. 

My heart suddenly skipped a beat as my eyes took in the kitchen, and I rushed to look at the chef, to make sure that she wasn’t watching me and had no clue what I was thinking at the moment. The chef was currently occupied with draining the juice of the two lemons that she had set on the counter, and she wasn’t looking at me. I watched as her hands moved with the kind of speed that had me perplexed as to how it was possible. I noticed that the people who worked for Agostino were always quick with their duties, and knowing him and what he was capable of, I understood that it was probably a matter of life and death. 

I swallowed nervously, my ears ringing as my eyes went back to spot the fire extinguisher placed at the far end of the kitchen. I couldn’t believe my luck. A fire extinguisher next to a glass wall? This was my ticket out of here. I had walked around enough of the rooms of the house to tell that the home was covered in forestry, but that was some distance away. If I could get there, then I’m sure I would be home free. I didn’t care too much about how quickly this was happening, just that I needed to act on it now or else I might never get the chance to. 

“Uh,” I paused and pretended to look in my pockets, “I think, I think I accidently left my bracelet in the other kitchen.” I said as I looked at the chef whose hands had not stopped moving but her head looked up and she looked at me with a blank face. “could you get it for me? it’s urgent.” Her hands stopped with the lemons and she seemed partially confused but she didn’t say anything- but she wasn’t moving quick enough for me. “he gave it to me. I need it back.” I rushed out nervously (only from what I was about to do) but I gathered that she thought that it was because I lost a bracelet that Agostino gave to me. She nodded her head and moved with urgency out of the room.