Chapter 9

By the time Luo Yu brought Su Jiawen to the island of country U, none of the marks Jiang Qi had left on Su Jiawen's body remained.

Su Jiawen pulled out a pa.s.sport from his backpack; it was blank. Luo Yu grabbed it from him and flipped through, then asked, "You've never left the country?"

"I was originally going to be an exchange student during second semester of my third year," Su Jiawen said. He crawled next to Luo Yu to look.

Luo Yu avoided the topic. He said, "Don't worry. We'll get the visa when we land in country U."

Su Jiawen obediently nodded.

Su Jiawen stayed with Luo Yu for several days. Luo Yu spent the entire time working from home to accompany him. He never left the house for more than half the day. Su Jiawen wasn't as slow to react as he had been when he first got home, but the situation still wasn't ideal. Luo Yu thought that the only way to fix this was to take Su Jiawen out on vacation.

Su Jiawen could have been considered introverted in the past. Now, he was completely antisocial. He didn't even like walking Abel anymore. If you said ten sentences to him, he would only reply with one. Had this occurred in the past, Luo Yu would have kicked him out of his house long ago, but he couldn't do that now.

Su Jiawen didn't even seem excited after hearing that they would be going on vacation to a tropical island. Luo Yu was nervous, because he had arranged for this trip in an attempt to cheer Su Jiawen up.

The airport Shen Qiyin's plane was parked at was close to Luo Yu's home. Luo Yu took his time bringing Su Jiawen over. He had previously warned Shen Qiyin against teasing Su Jiawen in any way. Shen Qiyin felt that Luo Yu's tone was extremely serious; upon seeing Su Jiawen, he didn't dare to say anything.

He thought Su Jiawen looked a lot frailer than before, and a lot less happy.

On the plane, Luo Yu was so attentive that Shen Qiyin couldn't bear to open his eyes. When Luo Yu went to wash his hands after peeling an orange for Su Jiawen, Shen Qiyin called him to a stop. He whispered, "What's up with you?"

The girl beside him was clutching onto his arm and looking over in curiosity too.

Luo Yu didn't know how to peel oranges. He got a handful of orange juice on Shen Qiyin's hair. Shen Qiyin started screaming, complaining about how Luo Yu was suddenly acting like a high school boy, not knowing when to stop.

But the girl next to him laughed so hard that she couldn't get up from where she was sprawled across his lap. 

When they got to the hotel, it was twelve noon in country U. Luo Yu brought Su Jiawen to his personal mizuya. 

There were mountains on the north side of the island. The hotel was located in the mountains; it took up the entire northern coast. Luo Yu's mizuya was in the west wing of the hotel and was quiet and undisturbed. Su Jiawen yawned and sat on the couch, daydreaming. Luo Yu caressed his face and inquired, "Sleepy?"

"A little," Su Jiawen yawned after speaking. His eyes were shiny with tears. "I'm dizzy."

Luo Yu stuffed him into the bed. A moment later, he fell asleep. 

Luo Yu walked into the living room. He was just about to contact Xing Licheng when Shen Qiyin's call came in. 

As soon as Luo Yu picked up, Shen Qiyin said, "Let's chat?"

He asked to meet Luo Yu at the infinity pool set in the heart of the hotel. His little girlfriend was in the middle of playing with water. Upon noticing Luo Yu, Shen Qiyin lit a cigarette for him.