They Painted You Red

Over the course of a few days...
4:21 PM, Atlas

A senator sits on her couch as she watches the TV in front of her. It was on a news channel. Talking about typical, boring politics. She let out a sigh, looking at her surroundings. Next to the couch was a small table, her scroll being on it. She reached towards it, grabbing it. "Hey, hello? Are you guys there?"

It didn't take long for a response.

"Of course, ma'am. Need anything?" A butler let out, having picked up.

"Bring me a cup of tea. Thanks."

"With pleasure." The worker on the other side hung up. She put the scroll back on the table, going back to watching the TV.

4:22 PM, Atlas

Knock knock. Looks like someone's at the door. The senator stood up, walking over. "Who's there?"

"Service." A male voice called out from the other side of the door. Upon opening it, she was greeted with the sight of a tanned young man dressed in formal attire, holding a tray. His eyes are covered by a shadow cast by a cap he was wearing as a part of the formal attire. "You asked for tea?"

"Yes, please come in." She stands out of the way, allowing the worker to come in. He gently steps in.

"Where should I put it?"

"Right there." She points at a table in front of the couch. He set the tray down. On the tray, there was an empty teacup. He bends over, grabbing onto the handle of a fancy teapot, pouring steaming hot tea into the cup, setting it back down once it was at a desirable amount. "Thank you. You can leave now."

"Enjoy." He let out in a monotonous voice. The butler walked away, exiting the room. The senator sat down once more, grabbing the handle of the now full teacup. She took a sip, setting it back down.

"Strange, it usually tastes worse..." She inspects the tea. It looked the same for the most part. "Can't be complaining though." Right as she was about to take another sip, she suddenly wraps her own hands around her neck. She drops the teacup, unable to breath. 

The tea had been poisoned.

Eventually, she crashed down into the table in front of her, making a mess. Another one bites the dust.

The next day.
1:06 PM, Cruise Ship

"And she was like, dude! How did you do that?! Anyways, I was one hell of a fighter back in the day." The councilor chuckles. He was sitting on a sunlounger, placed next to a swimming pool. The area was heavily crowded.

"That sounds like a load of bullcrap." Someone who was sitting next to him let out.

"Only because I've grown a gut nowadays. You shoulda seen me back when I was studying in the academy. Even the teachers were surprised at times!"

"Yeah yeah, sure buddy." The person next to him chuckled.

"You keep on doubting me, when we go to the afterlife, I'll kick your ass there. That is, if I go there as my younger self!"

"Nah, you probably won't."

"We'll see."

The two go silent for a while, but the cruise ship was still as lively as ever. They weren't the only two on it after all.