Solution That changed

"Sandy Your Placement results are out." lecturer Klaus called across the corridor.

"Yes sir," I replied in excitement. Placements are hard to get but I hope it went well. This is the last chance to prove myself to my father and finally be free from him. All that happened to me played like a reel in my head while I was rushing to the noticeboard.

My fingers crossed all the names, and the page was about to finish as my adrenaline grew stronger and stronger. All I was doing was praying and searching.

At the end of the page

"SANDY LOCKWOOD     SELECTED     DATE OF JOINING 25-OCT-2023"

I was selected...... my body went still and now adrenaline kept rising feeling the other kind of emotion 'happiness, and sense of achievement'

'Dad Your daughter achieved it. Not just your Smith's daughter, George's Daughter, or Adrian's son Arthur. Now u don't have to tell me their story and feel proud. It's time for you to recognize your daughter for the first time in your life and tell my story to them. I just hope I can reach your expectation now as the Job pays me more than any of them above.' I walked to the Klaus sir's office to tell him the result.

"Sir-"

"Hello, Lockwood Come in....Congratulations" He said with a wide smile. He is my sir and my mentor. Whenever I achieve or win something his face lightens like a thousand-watt bulb. We students like him so much not for his energy but the way he makes us feel at home and in a safe place.

"You already knew it, sir, Then why did u left me to see it myself" I walked into the office placing myself on the other side of the table.

"You are the one who left early what can I do". he said while grinning

"Sorry sir I was in a hurry." I smiled showing off all the pearls.

"About your Part-time job, They are willing to take you fulltime" he said pulling out the envelope.

"Sir I have already told you that those jobs are not my type so ples"

"No sandy the job you are now is the last minute recruitment you were in the border. But this one is the best choice. "

But sir I can't live like a sp-"

"Good evening sir." My mam walked in.

Biding good bye was like hell . i am leaving this college which was my only home till now. I took the last glimpse of my lectures and left as soon as possible hoping not to burst into tears.

things were not on my side when I reached my house. The minute I knocked on the door I saw my father hugging a man with many relatives around them. His back was facing me, soon when my dad released the hug I was shocked................. Adrian and his son Arthur, the most irritating person I have ever met.

Sorry to say this, he was smart and handsome too, but what I mean was his character. My father talked about getting us engaged long time ago. So I tried to know him but by his actions whenever I see him his face gets replaced with my dad and I feel suffocated just like I felt with my Dad .If I get along with this man I will feel like I'm living with my dad for the rest of my life. And the only goal I have in my life is to leave this house and live my life.

Soon they were leaving, when he winked at me all my body felt disgusted . 'I hate him'.

 Whatever reason he might be here, None of my business.

Leaving all these, I reached dad to tell about my job. When I reached him his face went back to normal, the expressionless one. I told him with a bright smile on my face expecting at least a smile on his face for my achievement. But in return I got a reply which broke my heart into millions.