Afterglow (Marika x Reader)

Ah yes, College.

They say it's the best time of your life. It's when you are finally free and set loose in the real world. Partying all night, attending classes with hangovers, whatever other adult stuff. That kind of thing.

At least, that's what my old man told me back then. I've never actually experienced any of those thanks to the virus that can't be named forcing me to spend my freshman year locked up in my room, staring at my monitor all day, with the only other thing I do is go out and buy ingredients for me to cook.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm past that part of my life now.

I breathed in the fresh spring season air as I stood in front of an open gate, a sign above it looming over it, saying:

Seiho University

Yep, my college life starts today.

.

.

.

.

.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, I ended up spending the whole day just going through the motions and before I knew it, the day had pretty much ended.

Weeks passed by like they were speedrunning the calendar year and it was still the same, stale life for me.

I let out a sigh, dragging my feet around as I walked towards the university.

This is not how I imagined my sophomore year to start.

Where's the freedom? The parties? The hangovers? It's been a few months and nothing interesting has happened yet!!

This kind of life is suffocating.

"Ow!"

I stared at the person I bumped into.

In front of me was a girl with the figure of a model and waist length brown hair. She was clutching her head with a hand while her purple eyes looked worriedly at stacks of paper scattered on the floor.

"A-are you okay?" I managed to utter out, still captivated by the beauty in front of me.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." She said with a smile. "Sorry for bumping into you."

"It's fine. It's my fault for not paying attention to what's in front of me anyway."

The girl got up and began picking up the pieces of paper.

"O-oh, let me help you with that."

"Thank you." She replied.

I began to pick up the pieces of paper when I noticed something. The papers were...posters?

Merm4id live concert, today @7pm, Seiho University Auditorium.

Merm4id? What's that?

"You interested?" The girl asked, suddenly being face to face with me.

Her eyes were gleaming with excitement. I could feel my face burning up.

"Ummm, maybe?" I said as I handed her the posters.

Wait, what the hell am I saying? I don't even know what this is about.

"Great!" Damn, even her smile is captivating. I feel like my heart is about to burst. "We hope to see you tonight then."

Wait, we? Who the heck is we?

I looked at her, confused. She just stood up and went on her way and I was left alone standing there, a grin plastered on my face like an idiot. I could still hear my heart beating like crazy.